Author Topic: Thoughts on ROSIGMA vs. vanilla  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Thoughts on ROSIGMA vs. vanilla
« on: January 09, 2023, 01:13:59 am »
How do they stack up? Which do you prefer? Especially for Imperial Guard players?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 01:28:50 am by Marrik »

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on ROSIGMA vs. vanilla
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 06:46:46 am »
Vanilla is a well-designed and mostly well-balanced game. Very blind playthrough friendly too. Very few bugs and crashes. Style is consistent and artwork is very well done. End game can get a bit grindy if you want pimped out armors and weapons for all your dudes, but the final mission is perfectly doable without that.
Rosigma is half-broken community junk where you need to be an OXCE poweruser to just get through. There are 10 million different clutter items with minor differences, and you can't view codex for any of them so the only way to know what your weapons do is open up rulesets with notepad and read yaml yourself. The quality of art assets is wildy inconsistent, some of the stuff is incredibly ugly and amateurish. The research tree is unbelievably broken. It can still be fun, but very much in a "make your own fun" way.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 09:20:47 am »
Vanilla vs Rosigma is like Vanilla Doom vs Brutal Doom,  once you get into Rosigma you will never go back to Vanilla

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 02:45:11 am »
I think both the 40K  and the 40K+Rosigma are worth playing because their gameplay is very different.

By example in 40K due to your troops and enemies not being very resilient , the fights are more fast paced, while in Rosigma all armors are stronger and units (both yours and the enemies) can also dodge making fight take longer.
Also in 40K it feels like there's a main enemy in your game, while in Rosigma every single faction is active at the same time, so basically 40K feels focused and Rosigma feels chaotic.

And more... all influencing the actual gameplay, so in the end both mods will give you a different gameplay. I have a preference for Rosigma (along with some minimods for things i don't like) but 40K is good in itself.

Offline forsakenantihero

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 08:58:49 pm »
Both mods are top tier xcom, I prefer rosigma for the variety on offer and the added mechanics. My opinion isn't worth a lot as I'm pretty terrible at either.