aliens

Author Topic: How do I start the "attack EXALT HQ" mission?  (Read 899 times)

Offline TheGlennster

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
How do I start the "attack EXALT HQ" mission?
« on: January 06, 2023, 04:06:37 pm »
First off all, this mod is amazing! Honestly, playing it over the last few weeks has been the most compelling gaming experience I have had in years.

I do however have a bit of a newbie question, I just finished the “EXALT HQ” research that I unlocked after interrogating a EXALT master that I captured during a “Cult Forward Base” mission. 
The message in the research results would imply that I can attack the HQ right away to try to capture their leader. But I see no way to trigger the mission? Is it just a mission type that can appear randomly now? Or do I need to trigger the mission in some way?

Online Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I start the "attack EXALT HQ" mission?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 04:21:23 pm »
Cult HQs spawn in the first few days of the new month, and keep doing so until you complete the relevant research (which kinda stands in for non-research activities).

Offline TheGlennster

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 06:15:35 pm »
Thank you for the reply! Will I have to search for the HQ like with Alien bases in the original game?

Online Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 06:40:00 pm »
No, HQs use the 'terror site' mechanic and are thus always visible. Cults do have locations that operate like alien bases, but not for the HQs.

Offline TheGlennster

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 07:13:49 pm »
Alright, thank you for the help! I was stressing out at first thinking that I was going to miss my chance to do the mission.