Author Topic: Just finished the X COM Files game  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Just finished the X COM Files game
« on: December 26, 2022, 02:32:54 am »
I wont give anything away as I don't want to ruin it for others but it was amazing. I loved it. A lot of great detail and research needed to complete the the game.
If I could advice to anyone who is stumbling, capture anything that moves. This game is all about interrogation (in my opinion anyway).
The only real issue is the alien containment and prison limits. That makes things a bit more difficult.

There is nothing worse than finishing a very difficult mission only to find you have no more space left to hold captured aliens/prisoners. The game however is full of second chances. I made many errors but was gifted second chances to find what I needed. Was a great experience. thanks a lot for the great ride (the work put in to making this).

Please feel free to post your favorite parts. 
Spoiler:
Mine was the space mission with those 8 or 10 turrets on the outside. I almost gave up on that one  ;D 
Merry Christmas Commanders.

- Chuck

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Just finished the X COM Files game
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 12:18:23 pm »
Congratulations! I'm always happy to know that a player has completed the campaign.

I wiush you best in your future endeavours, whatever they may be (I'm also somewhat involved in the development of X-Piratez, if you're looking ;) ), and I hope that you will revisit my mod some day!

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: Just finished the X COM Files game
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 02:34:03 pm »
I wasn't sure it would be possible to love anything more than FMP. But this one was brilliant. It was amazing. Frustrating at times.. but that is usually half the fun. Thank you very much Solarius