Author Topic: Vampire Lord holy shmoly  (Read 1406 times)

Offline roobyrax

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Vampire Lord holy shmoly
« on: November 23, 2022, 12:30:05 am »
Hey all,

Anyone have any info or advice to get this guy? I've got one invading my base and he is a bit of a problem.

Offline FiendishDrWu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Lord holy shmoly
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 03:15:02 am »
Well, looking at the wiki:

https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_VAMPIRE_KNIGHT_ARMOR

Looks like fire and anti-e511 weapons are your best bet.  If you click on the damage types, you can see the full list of weapons that can cause that kind of damage. 

Beyond that, he's got insane front armor, and his sides and rear are still pretty beefy; his underarmor is his weak point.  WP grenades or Napalm Nades might be a good thing to try, if you've got some gals with good throwing arms. 

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 03:25:45 am »
My personal advice is flamethrowers. His combination of high health (800), high armour and high melee dodge meant that was the only thing I found to be effective.

Flamethrowers do the special fire damage of 5-10 per hit, ignoring armour. They also do 133% health damage. Combined with the Vampire Lord's 300% damage from burn and you can get some very impressive damage on him.

If you hit with all 8 blasts from a flamethrower, the health damage ranges from 159.6 to 319.2 (8 * X * 1.33 * 3) where X ranges between 5 and 10. Keep in mind too that this completely ignores his armour. I had to figure out how to deal with Vampire Lords myself and was surprised at how great flamethrowers were.

Offline roobyrax

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 07:29:25 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I will make sure to have a flamethrower or two in all future bases, because I sure didn't this time.

Before I read these responses I decided to act according to vampire trope, and went with fire independently. A whole bunch of incendiary grenades (thank keebus the VL only had a melee weapon) proved to be the secret sauce. Once he was on fire for a bit he ran around aimlessly and I got behind him with a UAC Chaingun to finish the job.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 11:35:21 am »
Ah, yes, undead army with armoured vampire lord was an awesome surprise in early game of my new run.
Good thing I had flamers from previous encounter with ninjas.
JUst wanted to shout out praise to whoever thought of this new thing. :)