Author Topic: [Answered] Question about break down recipe  (Read 980 times)

Offline Bee

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Answered] Question about break down recipe
« on: December 02, 2022, 07:18:13 am »
Within Manufacture.rul

I would like to add a way to “scrap” or break items down. In other words, I would like to be able to take, for example, a Sonic Pistol Clip, and use it as an ingredient to then manufacture one unit of zrbite. The below works for that:

- name: STR_ZRBITE    #Zrbite#
    category: STR_UFO_COMPONENT
    requires:
     - STR_ZRBITE
    space: 0.1
    time: 400
    cost: 1000
    requiredItems:
      STR_PISTOL_POWER_CLIP

1) Is there a way to add multiple required items and have them function as “or” statements, as opposed to “and” statements? For example:

- name: STR_ZRBITE    #Zrbite#
    category: STR_UFO_COMPONENT
    requires:
     - STR_ZRBITE
    space: 0.1
    time: 400
    cost: 1000
    requiredItems:
      STR_PISTOL_POWER_CLIP
      STR_BLASTA_POWER_CLIP

I would like to be able to use EITHER the pistol clip OR the blasta clip to create one unit of zrbite. I feel like to do this I should be using the “breakDownItems” value, but I am not sure how to go about it.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 01:18:48 pm by Meridian »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Question about break down recipe
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 11:44:32 pm »
1) Is there a way to add multiple required items and have them function as “or” statements, as opposed to “and” statements? For example:

No. All entries listed under requiredItems: are required for manufacturing. There is no option for the game to "pick" just one. How would this work in case you want to use a specific item because you have a lot of item a and only a small number of item b?

You have to create a separate manufacturing entry for every item.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 11:46:19 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Bee

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Question about break down recipe
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 04:28:03 am »
No. All entries listed under requiredItems: are required for manufacturing. There is no option for the game to "pick" just one. How would this work in case you want to use a specific item because you have a lot of item a and only a small number of item b?

You have to create a separate manufacturing entry for every item.

That's too bad.

As to your question that's a good point. You would need a way to select which item to use or blacklist items etc.

Thank you.