aliens

Author Topic: Door Kickers - Tactical indie game  (Read 15012 times)

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Door Kickers - Tactical indie game
« on: March 25, 2013, 01:53:58 pm »
A good friend of mine and his small company is working on a top-down tactical game called Door Kickers.

Door Kickers is an innovative Real-Time Tactics game that puts you in charge of a SWAT team. With your help we can make this The Ultimate Swat Team Command Simulator.

Analyze the situation, plan team routes, choose equipment and breach points and coordinate multiple troopers to reach the hostage room before the bad guys get to press that trigger.

It may sound daunting, and like real world CQB combat, it sure is. But most levels can be completed in minutes and on the fly improvisation works. Achieving the perfect planning, getting the mission done with no false steps, that’s a skill harder to master.

You can check it out it's Steam Greenlight page. While there, give it a "Yes" if you like it :)

If you really like it, you can buy an early development version of the game, starting from a $8 price for the complete game once it's out (sorry, no Kickstarter campaign... the game is developed in Romania, and Kickstarter serves only the US region... but if the game passes Greenlight, you can buy it there even during development).

Website/Forums: https://inthekillhouse.com/

Edit: There is a demo available for download (the first "tier" on the buy page) if you want to get a feel of the game. Sorry, the demo is not available anymore.

Update: Door Kickers was released on Steam. You can check it out here.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:09:26 pm by kkmic »

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
Re: Door Kickers - Tactical indie game
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:06:54 pm »
People use Kickstarter all over, despite the US-Centric layout. I've seen plenty of Brits, Germans etc. use it

Looks interesting, kind of a cross between Frozen Synapse and Monaco Is Mine. Are there any prototype videos?

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:07:28 pm »
Beside the official video found on the homepage, there are several videos that can be found on the forum, recorded by the community.
Here are some of them:
An entire playlist...
Other random videos
You can find some of the videos listed above and others on this page

EDIT:
AFAIK Kickstarter requires a US-based company to be able to use it's services, so for the moment it's not an option, though the devs would like to get their game to KS
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:19:48 pm by kkmic »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:13:19 pm »
People use Kickstarter all over, despite the US-Centric layout. I've seen plenty of Brits, Germans etc. use it

Looks interesting, kind of a cross between Frozen Synapse and Monaco Is Mine. Are there any prototype videos?
That was my first thought too, some kind of SWAT Frozen Synapse. :) I've voted for it on Greenlight.

EDIT:
AFAIK Kickstarter requires a US-based company to be able to use it's services, so for the moment it's not an option, though the devs would like to get their game to KS
It's not so much a "US-based company" as much as they just require someone with a US bank account to make sure everything's straightened out with Amazon and stuff, legal mumbo-jumbo an what not. They also opened up to UK people a few months ago.

You can always use indiegogo instead, although it doesn't get as much attention as KS.

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »
Beside the official video found on the homepage, there are several videos that can be found on the forum, recorded by the community.
What? That's not on the front page when I follow the link --- ahhh, wait, I checked their website - didn't look at the steam page yet

Anyway, thanks, I'll have a gander

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 11:51:26 am »
I've voted for it on Greenlight.

Thanks a lot SupSuper.

The guys told me that the general reaction was way better than expected, and they believe they're doing pretty good on Greenlight, but I still try to give them a helping hand.

Every vote counts :)

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 10:37:59 am »
Just a heads-up: Door Kickers went #1 on Steam Greenlight after the last batch of greenlighted games. It's probably the first indie game from Romania that reached that high.

So you may find it on Steam pretty soon.

Thank you if you voted for it.

Edit: There is a demo available for Windows, Linux and Mac if you want to take it for a spin.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 11:02:32 am »
Ohhh I wanna play this! Thx for sharing kkmic

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 11:45:09 am »
You welcome. Just don't forget to share your impressions,

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 10:47:58 pm »
Wow, the game is very solid. Finally, a game that I really want this year!

Thanks again kkmic, you have very good friends ;)

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 09:37:31 am »
Thanks. I'll pass this on.

Edit: Please vote for it on Steam Greenlight (if you have a Steam account). They are at the #1 spot, but votes still count :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:40:22 am by kkmic »

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 10:43:22 pm »
My vote was already in.
My respect to Dan (and the others), formerly working at Ubi (on the Silent Hunter titles that I have enjoyed a lot) but then deciding to go indie and his first game already has the potential to become a succes... I wish him (and his team) all the best.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:52:56 pm by Daiky »

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 10:52:54 am »
My vote was already in.

Thank you.

My previous post was intended to be just a friendly remainder, my apologies if it seemed it was something else.

My respect to Dan (and the others), formerly working at Ubi (on the Silent Hunter titles that I have enjoyed a lot) but then deciding to go indie and his first game already has the potential to become a succes... I wish him (and his team) all the best.

Thank you for the kind words. It's always nice to see people appreciating your work. I'll pass them along.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 10:35:25 am »
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:04:04 pm by kkmic »

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 12:10:03 pm »
Door Kickers just got Greenlit!!1! Hell yeah!

Huge thanks for everyone who voted from this wonderful community!

It will join the Steam Early Access program soon (about two weeks or so) and if you're interested you can buy the game on Steam.