aliens

Author Topic: Game not reading ruleset changes  (Read 861 times)

Offline The_Big_J

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Game not reading ruleset changes
« on: November 05, 2022, 11:58:20 am »
In short I made changes to the Piratez,rul file and they didn't apply. After coming back to the game after a few months of absence I started a new campaign and wanted to make just a few simple changes to make it a little bit easier. Mainly changing the minimum strength of Lok'nars and peasants to 30 so that they can carry a rifle with some armour straight from the get go. And after researching the dojo/gym I changed it so that it can fit more than 8 girls, so that training newbies would go quicker. None of these changes worked, even when I started a new save. Loknar's can still be recruited with strength as low as 12, and the gym only takes 8 girls at a time.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Game not reading ruleset changes
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 11:57:23 pm »
Firstly make certain that the folder you have the mod in is not write protected. Later versions of Win 10 & Win 11 like to write protect a whole lot more locations in then before.

Second make sure your AV software isn't doing protection shenanigans either. AVG and Mcafee are both know to cause this sort of issue, if the mod folder is not set as an exception, and i wouldn't be surprised if others did the same thing. Stopping low level text tools, and direct commands from executing changes while high level programs get automatic exceptions is more secure, but like in our case annoying.

Thirdly, are you modifying the correct value in the correct file? Several values are used in multiple places but have different context depending on location.