aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Inventory Stats shouldn't show Psi-Stats before Soldier is tested  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
When you enable the option "Inventory Stats" in Options=>Advanced=>Battlescape then during the equipment-phase you get to see stuff like accuracy, reaction but also P.Skill and P.Str.

The two latter ones, apparently referring to stats related to psionics.

I don't think those should be visible before a soldier underwent the associated psi-probing as you'd otherwise have no access to that kind of information.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 12:04:39 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory Stats shouldn't show Psi-Stats before Soldier is tested
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 01:26:32 am »
And that's how it works today... or do you have a counterexample?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 01:42:32 am by Meridian »

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 06:00:00 am »
I suppose OP forgot that he had psiStrengthEval option enabled. With vanilla options, there is no issue. I think most people want to variate from vanilla behavior.

However, IIRC psiStrengthEval evaluates the soldiers immediately when you get the tech. It could be argued that you would first have to build PSI/MC lab to be able to evaluate soldiers in that base (but the soldiers wouldn't have to go through a lengthy PSI/MC implementation phase to find out their strength). There are arguments both ways for this I suppose.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 06:07:41 am by psavola »

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 12:42:08 pm »
I suppose OP forgot that he had psiStrengthEval option enabled. With vanilla options, there is no issue.
No. The actual reason was even more embarassing than that! :-[

For my AI-tests I almost exculsively played the quick-battles.

And while I restricted myself to early-game-equipment, in quick-battle you obviously have everything researched and everyone tested because otherwise you wouldn't know who your Psi-soldiers are in case you decide to use psi-stuff.

I just somehow assumed that the equipment-level is reminiscent for the tech available to me. Which in hindsight is highly questionable.

So, sorry for the false alarm. :-X