Author Topic: TFTD cruise ship map bug  (Read 1605 times)

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
TFTD cruise ship map bug
« on: January 14, 2023, 08:12:54 am »
I reported this in the context of TWoTS, but this problem originates from vanilla maps. Is there a way to fix the vanilla map bugs so that it's fixed both in vanilla as well as all the mods using vanilla maps, instead of in all the mods?

Another hole in the cruise ship terror mission floor plan. In the square, you get a sighting to the Deep One located one level upstairs from the red square. I recall having been killed before from the outside while in this elevator, but now I got my own sighting on this.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: TFTD cruise ship map bug
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 04:11:50 pm »
I reported this in the context of TWoTS, but this problem originates from vanilla maps. Is there a way to fix the vanilla map bugs so that it's fixed both in vanilla as well as all the mods using vanilla maps, instead of in all the mods?

Which vanilla map is it exactly? I can't find this place anywhere...

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 05:36:23 pm »
Which vanilla map is it exactly? I can't find this place anywhere...

I don't know which file it comes from, but this full-size screenshot might help in locating the spot if one finds the right map.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 05:59:50 pm »
I don't know which file it comes from, but this full-size screenshot might help in locating the spot if one finds the right map.

OK, thanks, found it.

Well, the level upstairs is a grid catwalk, not solid floor, so of course it's bloody see-through... ::)

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 06:32:06 pm »
OK, thanks, found it.

Well, the level upstairs is a grid catwalk, not solid floor, so of course it's bloody see-through... ::)

Of course. But just in case there is a misunderstaing: why can you see (also shoot) out of the elevator, through thick walls and top floor to that square?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 07:40:11 pm »
Of course. But just in case there is a misunderstaing: why can you see (also shoot) out of the elevator, through thick walls and top floor to that square?

That's a separate issue and I haven't checked that.

Okay, now I have... And this map is indeed screwed. Half of that elevator has no roof.

Attached a fix.

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 07:50:31 pm »
That's a separate issue and I haven't checked that.

Okay, now I have... And this map is indeed screwed. Half of that elevator has no roof.

Attached a fix.

Thanks. That was the issue I wanted to report.

I and anyone stumbling on this thread can replace the file, but I wonder if there is a more general way to provide fixed maps to all the folks out there.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 08:09:14 pm »
I and anyone stumbling on this thread can replace the file, but I wonder if there is a more general way to provide fixed maps to all the folks out there.

There's an official map patch for UFO (not sure if TFTD as well), but I don't know who manages that... SupSuper, perhaps?

Also it might be a problem with a particular version... Or maybe it's actually included in the patch...

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2023, 08:21:39 pm »
There's an official map patch for UFO (not sure if TFTD as well), but I don't know who manages that... SupSuper, perhaps?

Also it might be a problem with a particular version... Or maybe it's actually included in the patch...

There is a map patch at https://openxcom.org/downloads-extras/ (the txt file is from 2018, the actual fixes are older), but that only includes changes to a dozen maps and routes, not this one.

I also a found thread with apparently more map fixes (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4128.0.html), but I suppose that has also been discontinued (and I'm not sure if it's even available anywhere).

« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 08:21:25 am by psavola »