aliens

Author Topic: Thanks from a newcomer  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Creepin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Thanks from a newcomer
« on: December 05, 2022, 06:31:38 pm »
I am really not sure where to start, so I'll start from the beginning. UFO was among first 3 games (along with Dune 2 and Doom 2) that I had ever played on PC back in early 90s. Loved it ever since (TFTD? Not so much) and came back to it every odd year or so playing the hell out of superhuman difficulty. For some reason it did never crossed my mind that UFO could be, and is, modded, so I never even dug in that direction, until a month ago a random post about modded UFO caught my eye. So I've downloaded X-Com Files without expecting much, immediately got overwhelmed by the amount of guns and technologies and lore and next thing I know - I've got hooked on X-Com Files as hard as I could only did back when I was a kid. Mainly this is the reason for the post: diehard gamer as a kid I have not felt seriously interested in a game for the last 10 years and passionate about the game - for the last 20, and hell I missed that feeling. So my main thanks is not for the amount of guns (eww, by the way!), not even for amount of aliens, or lore (MiB, great touch!) or anything, but for the magic you used to make me passionate about playing the game some more, finding out what's next, the feeling I thought I've lost for good. Thank you, and keep this magic on! :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Thanks from a newcomer
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 08:57:33 pm »
Wow, that is one nice post! You're very much welcome!

;D

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks from a newcomer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 01:23:40 am »
Totally agreed. These mods are like playing the original version all over again for the first time.
Also dabbling in mods can be just as fun if not more exciting. Welcome aboard.