aliens

Author Topic: The odyssey of chaos  (Read 4378 times)

Offline alexander steel wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
The odyssey of chaos
« on: September 26, 2022, 10:14:26 pm »
Hi!

I'm writing a series of books, science fiction. I know that this is not a literature forum, but these books are heavily inspired by x-com (in fact, it was originally a fan fiction, until little by little it has become a new story).

Apart from x-com, I have also been influenced by other works such as Starship troopers, Starcraft, Warhammer 40k, and others of a more psychological nature such as Evangelion, the binding of isaac or dont hug me im scared.

Currently, I am in the process of publishing the first book, and I would like to find other people's opinions. I would have no problem sharing some excerpts. The drawback would be that it is written in Spanish, and that would imply "translating" it with google (so I think the text would lose some quality due to the literarity of google).

Another thing is that the play has considerable amounts of gore and politically incorrect moments. So first of all, I would like to know if there would be any problem with posting such excerpts.

Thanks for reading!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The odyssey of chaos
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 10:44:48 pm »
Another thing is that the play has considerable amounts of gore and politically incorrect moments. So first of all, I would like to know if there would be any problem with posting such excerpts.

Hi Alex,

depends on the "severity" of gore and political incorrectness.

If it's against the forum rules, then it's a straight no (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6593.0.html).

If it's something that would likely be censored or banned on any of the mainstream social media (e.g. Facebook, Reddit, etc.), then it is also a straight no.

--

If you're not sure, then please let's be on the safe side and not publish.

--

English only please.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 10:12:21 pm »
Thanks for the reply!

Considering that the margin of interpretation that social networks have, I think it's better not to risk uploading anything here (I don't want problems in the forum, which I love)

If anyone still wants to read something, please contact me privately.

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 06:50:18 pm »
You probably also don't want to be giving anything away on the internet until published for copyright reasons. Else someone might steal it and publish it as their own.

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 12:40:46 am »
While thinking about possible "politically incorrect" stuff I thought about how unequall the same amount of money can be for different people. Like 10k a month salary for a rookie makes him live almost not poor in the US while making him as good as a multimillionaire in post-soviet space in 1990s. 

The post reminded me of an old book I have read in Russian which was straight up called "Enemy Unknown" and was just a fan-fiction xcom novel published by somewhat copyright-careless publisher. A good one, really. I hope to see yours translated one day too.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 12:04:23 am »
Hi, @BlorkTheOrk!

When you're a nothingman, encouragement is appreciated (hopefully my books will be good enough one day to be translated into English).
Regarding the politically incorrect I have a more "twisted" concept than that.

All the best!