Author Topic: Cultist MANOR spawning rate and evolution speed  (Read 5774 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Cultist MANOR spawning rate and evolution speed
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2022, 04:50:33 pm »
you shouldn't have more than one version of this file... or any file!

if you do, even the file duplication alone can also be the cause of excessive mission generation (and of a million other issues)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 04:52:17 pm by Meridian »

Offline Charly1

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2022, 06:03:56 am »
Just on these manor things...

I think I have just entered 1st October 1998.

I just had my osprey shot down by a Mig (I also had a Syndicate base attack last month which was also a major bum ache... the difficulty has just ramped up).

Am i just way behind on research?

Looking at the Promotion 3 research tree.
I have yet to have a cave mission (I think I didnt capture a shambler... I got one a couple of missions ago though)
I have only had 2 cyberweb missions in the sewers and have not found a portal. These dont seem to come up much.
I have not captured a deep one (Not sure how to do this without a Dagon mission... but I completeed the HQ a few months ago... didnt realise I need a live deep one)
I am just waiting for the Black Lotus HQ mission to come up again, and then all of the Cults are done.

I think I have everything else. I have taken down several manors, but I cannot locate any more despite scouting with my Osprey near where I see vehicles activeit(am I doing that wrong?).

Almost all of my misions are Syndicate related at the moment.

Any suggestions?

1. If I research the shambler I should start getting cave missions and into the Dark (If I get an artifact from a cave mission)
2. I guess i have been unlucky with the RNG on Cyberweb
3. How do I get a deep one?
4. Is there another way to spank a MIG?

Cheers!

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2022, 09:38:15 am »
October 1998.

osprey

Am i just way behind on research?
Hard to say based on just that.

I think I have everything else.
You mean for Promotion III? You only need one of the four prerequisites plus ransacking the HQ of a single cult, not even killing them off permanently.

I have only had 2 cyberweb missions in the sewers and have not found a portal. These dont seem to come up much.
Almost all of my misions are Syndicate related at the moment.
XCF RNG at it's finest. :)

Not sure how to do this without a Dagon mission...
...I need a live deep one
As far as I recall, the redundancy is that if you destroy the Church of Dagon, you get the T'leth Embassy missions where you can capture Gillmen Deep Ones again. Then proceed from there.

...I cannot locate any more despite scouting with my Osprey near where I see vehicles activeit(am I doing that wrong?).
It might be that your radar locks onto the cultists too late and they've already moved away from their base. Though I doubt it.

You do remember to patrol above a city since manors only spawn in cities, right? Osprey should have the same base detection radius as its radar circle, so I see no problems with that.

If I research the shambler I should start getting cave missions and into the Dark (If I get an artifact from a cave mission)
And you've got Motion Scanners researched.

Is there another way to spank a MIG?
What's the 'first' method? Usually, one of the following: 1) use the Kitsune; 2) lure them away with another craft; 3) MiGs or Interceptors of your own, 4) another speedy transport (Cuteranger will work, maybe even a Skyranger if you surprise the MiGs).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:48:42 am by Juku121 »

Offline Charly1

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2022, 08:52:22 pm »
Ahhhh...

I only need one. I thought I had Alien Origins. I still need to capture an Alien though. That should sort me then. I misread the P3 as needing all of the prerequisites as I thought I had that tech.I mistook it for Alien biology, or Acnient Aliens, or Alien Language... or something else with the word alien in.

Oh... I did not realise you needed to be above a city... I never scroll in that far on the geoscape... Although I might need to give the mig a wide birth. Is there an AA weapon for a humvee or little bird?

I left the motion scanner research until very late. There is always a bigger gun...

Not got the Kitsune yet. Noticed that is a P3 anyway. I dont think I have a fast enough vehicle to lure it away yet. Just need to find a UFO landing and punch me a sectoid.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2022, 09:19:47 pm »
You need to capture a lot more than just one alien. :)

You don't need to be straight above the city, but if you're somewhere where there's no city, you're searching in the wrong place.

Humvees can mount a man-portable gun. I find the BO miniguns best. Little Bird can mount four, but anything you put on it has too little range to fight MiGs and not rely on being extremely lucky.

Motion Scanner is not so useful by itself (since dogs and other sniffing critters exist), but it gets you prox grenades and Into the Dark.

You don't need a very fast craft to lure cult aircraft away. Decoys can work. Worst comes to worst, you can just sacrifice a rookie in a helicopter and make your raid after they've been blown away and the MiGs have drifted off.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:21:27 pm by Juku121 »

Offline BDoubleDs

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2022, 07:17:57 pm »
I have a couple of Q's on manor mechanics / functionality.

How do I see the in-game list of manors in my game? Like in the screenshot given?  I can't seem to find any info on this.  Also, do manors eventually stop spawning or do they continually pop up as long as the cults still exist?   

Like once the alien invasion begins, does that become the focus?  Or are cults still pumpin'?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2022, 08:30:07 pm »
How do I see the in-game list of manors in my game? Like in the screenshot given?  I can't seem to find any info on this.

Not sure which sceenshot you refer to, but the simplest way to display all known targets is pressing 't'.

Also, do manors eventually stop spawning or do they continually pop up as long as the cults still exist?

They do pop up as long as the cult exists.

Like once the alien invasion begins, does that become the focus?  Or are cults still pumpin'?

Kinda halfway, but I'm slowly shifting the focus towards Earth enemies. (Alien will still remain, though.)