aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestions] Civilians and Controls  (Read 1444 times)

Offline StarMan

• Squaddie
  • Really love this Game!
    • View Profile
[Suggestions] Civilians and Controls
« on: September 22, 2022, 09:00:57 pm »
1. Make so civilians pop up on battlescape tracker (I guess thats what its called with numbers on bottom right going up) with colors white background red letters. Enemies and wounded soldiers are tracked so why not civs? They get kinda lost in the fray.
2. Have expanded controls listed in Game ->Options -> Controls for view. I think the strafe is an expanded control? Don’t remember, but any controls involving ctrl, shift I think should be included. Sometimes I forget how to do a specific action and I have to close down my game to go to a readme txt.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestions] Civilians and Controls
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 09:44:11 pm »
Although i have no strong feelings on either of your suggestions i can give you a tip that would negate the need for closing down the game in order to go to a readme.

Advanced movement (which includes strafing) is an user option.
The mouseover on that option will remind you that it is activated using [CTRL].
The option is located under: [Game Options] -> [Advanced]. In the visible list as part of the "Battlescape" section it is called "Alternate Movement Methods" (unless a mod decided to rename it, which is unlikely).

Since this screen is accessible from within a running game (just like controls) you do not have to close down the current playthrough.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 11:35:33 am »
The 10 icons limit we have is already too low at times... Adding civilians in the mix would hamper their usefulness further.

I don't hate the idea, but not with this UI.

Offline StarMan

• Squaddie
  • Really love this Game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 09:05:26 pm »
Just to be clear I play mobile Android version.
Well is it possible to have two columns of ten? One for enemies and wounded soldiers at the bottom right and civilians bottom left.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 08:20:32 pm by StarMan »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 02:33:28 pm »
Well is it possible to have two columns of ten? One for enemies and wounded soldiers at the bottom right and civilians bottom left.

This would clutter the UI up even more in lower resolutions and civilians are already displayed separately on the map.