Author Topic: Late game Elerium stockpiling  (Read 837 times)

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Late game Elerium stockpiling
« on: November 29, 2022, 08:24:06 pm »
So I'm in the homestretch and I'm waiting for the last quest chain to play out before I can finish off the threat. However, I'm getting about 1 quest mission a month at best and I'm starting to feel the pinch with all of the UFO intercepts I'm running. Downed UFOs don't grant much E-115, if any at all and my small fleet of plasma and fusion Avengers are steadily eating into my reserves. Is there a good late game source of E-115, or should I be mothballed my fleet in favor of no E-115 vessels until the final push?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Late game Elerium stockpiling
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 10:08:12 pm »
So the classic 'wait until they land' and 'milk base supply runs' don't work for you anymore? I imagine you could try to repeatedly raid a base, withdraw with loot instead of finishing it off and dismantle the clips for Elerium. No idea if that'd be enough.

Avenger seems actually fairly fuel-efficient, comparatively speaking. Lightning and Sentinel are the worst Elerium hogs.

You can also use Ironfists as an alternative for missions that don't require the full Avenger complement. Zrbite can be purchased for cash after a certain point. Or the Kitsune, for that matter.

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Late game Elerium stockpiling
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 03:57:19 pm »
I have been when possible, but I suspect that the aliens have been pushed off the planet for a while so supply runs are pretty rare. I've been farming lab ships when possible, but farming large ships like Battleships or Troopships is such a slog that I really can't muster the motivation to. Smaller ships don't even provide enough fuel to fill up an Avenger tank once, so I usually leave those to my Starfighter to destroy.