aliens

Author Topic: How does one Fight the Flying Avatar Lady?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
How does one Fight the Flying Avatar Lady?
« on: October 28, 2022, 06:50:22 pm »
When she is on the ground I just hit her with close combat weapons until she dies or goes down to ZZZ. However, when she is flying I do not really know what to do. My primitive guns do not seem to hurt her. What do I do?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: How does one Fight the Flying Avatar Lady?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 07:32:15 pm »
Shoot her more and with bigger guns? I did a tiny bit of testing and managed to (mostly) down her in 3 Magnum clips or less. And Magnums suck against armour.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 08:08:27 pm »
I always soften her up with shotguns till i see the shield has dropped, i assume you want her alive to get to Lotus HQ. So you have options

1) Taser cannon has the range, but is very bulky
2) Tasers have low range and might require alot of attacks
3) Dart rifles, if you have them, they have the range but lackluster attack power against humanoids.
4) Stun shells for the shotgun has medium range, but does low stun damage per hit.

The Avatar otherwise has shield you need to drop, it can absorb some damage, so just focus fire her.

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 01:06:48 am »
Sniper rifles. She has a psi-shield thing that absorbs a lot of damage, but high-power weapons will knock it down with repeated hits. Use the biggest vehicle you have available for that mission, preferably a helicopter or better. Send at least 2 scout drones (or failing that, dogs) to act as spotters. Have them move into the jungle to spot enemies, and then have the snipers kill them with aimed shots in the dark.

When the area immediately around the LZ is clear, start setting the jungle on fire. Grenade launchers and incendiary grenades are preferable, but flare guns can work too if that's all you have. Target the big clumps of vegetation, but don't set any fires too close to the LZ that would make your guys visible. Keep going until your spotters eventually find the Avatar, and then have all the snipers focus fire on it. If you're using drones, be aware that if they get hit with her psi-laser thing it will vaporize them, which permanently kills them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 01:09:56 am by Marrik »

Offline Advancement

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 12:34:00 pm »
Primitive guns? My most primitive gun was HK MP5 then FN-FALL. Not that great but was ok to 6 man down her.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 01:30:29 pm »
The shield is pretty irrelevant in this scenario, it's the Avatar's kinetic resistance and armour that make up the problem.

MP5 is exactly in that troublesome bracket where it has to rely on luck to get anything done, due to 25*0.6 ~= 15 average damage vs the Avatar's all-around 18 armour, even after the shield is down. All guns with up to 30 damage and no armour piercing have that issue, and that's a fair chunk of your early arsenal.

Offline AmanitaVerna

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 03:07:09 pm »
The optimal non-sniper strategy is probably just to shoot her with taser cannons, or grenade launchers' blunt rounds, but I'm pretty sure I just had 3 or 4 agents shoot her with UAC rifles.

Offline CaptainVietnam

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 01:07:52 am »
Best Strategy is to shoot her with some small arms to break the shields.

Spoiler:
Then shoot her with BLUNT rounds of Grenade launcher. She has a chance of dying so do this after you have taken care of everyone else.

Offline jackmoodles

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 08:02:03 am »
If I skip this mission to research better weapons, will it appear again later on or will I have missed the boat as it were?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 11:10:01 am »
It's repeatable. Solarius is not that sadistic (yet? :D).

Offline jackmoodles

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2022, 01:38:50 pm »
It's repeatable. Solarius is not that sadistic (yet? :D).

Thanks man!

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 12:38:36 pm »
Lob some explosives at her (H.E., Dynamite, Grenades), when the shield has been dropped, hit her with Assault rifle ammo. You'll see her turning red as she takes more hits and then you know your close.

This was a tough one for me, especially with Black lotus foot soldiers taking shots at me simultaneously. Best to take everyone else out first, then save her for last.