Author Topic: some sprite reskins  (Read 25915 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: some sprite reskins
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2023, 12:38:17 pm »
Full Dark Mode...?  As in the item slots dark gray too?

Not necessarily, I simply meant a mod that replaces all the golden UI elements with their dark variants. Maybe also the beige buttons in Pedia and the like.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2023, 09:38:52 pm »
Not necessarily, I simply meant a mod that replaces all the golden UI elements with their dark variants. Maybe also the beige buttons in Pedia and the like.

I second this and I would love it.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2023, 03:31:15 am »
There you go.
Ill put it on the mod site when I get around to it.
I dont know what to do about the TU standoff buttons in the lower left and the hamburger menu button, those are part of OXCE.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 03:33:24 am by RSSwizard »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2023, 06:24:58 am »
There you go.
Ill put it on the mod site when I get around to it.

Please care to share also other mods you're using? Thanks :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2023, 01:22:42 pm »
Maybe make the buttons more black metal and less 80 years old plastic? I think it would play with the red borders better.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2023, 10:32:30 am »
In the meantime, care to redwraw a light machine gun Sprite? It might be modeled after mg42 or m60, maybe also on the m78 valmet featured in 1985's movie "commando"

Spoiler:

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2023, 04:19:24 am »
Well how about an Omega Rifle that looks like a minigun rifle...
reminds me of the chinese minigun rifle being smuggled in the 90s movie deep rising

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2023, 01:05:56 pm »
This one should probably go directly into the game. The original vibro axe had a more sky blue color compared to bright caribbean coral, this was because of a much needed palette change but that more bluish look was lost and it no longer looks like its made of plastasteel (more like aqua plastics). This one brings back that hue. I may replace the sprite in this post or add a second one that's even more slate blue.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2023, 06:32:59 pm »
Well how about an Omega Rifle that looks like a minigun rifle...
reminds me of the chinese minigun rifle being smuggled in the 90s movie deep rising

I wanted to add this rare meme weapon at some point (that is minigun rifle; I think I only seen this concept in Jason X but it's certainly traceable across more B class movies earlier), but didn't find a good place to put it.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2023, 08:40:48 pm »
I wanted to add this rare meme weapon at some point (that is minigun rifle; I think I only seen this concept in Jason X but it's certainly traceable across more B class movies earlier), but didn't find a good place to put it.

There also exist a CnC version of "minigun rifle", which looks kinda like an AK

https://youtu.be/y3FPy_bqMsQ?t=1004

Made even a sprite back when I was enjoying my poor spriting adventure.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2023, 07:16:22 am »
Not really sprites but I came up with additional Tanks, which use off the shelf weapons instead of expensive custom built cannons, I figure if a machinegun or HGL can be jammed in one then so can a bigger gun for the main gun. Since they dont have a big honking main gun I give them extra inventory space to stock ammo clips. The .rul files here are slightly incomplete since it lacks the language entries and that needs a dedicated mod for it.

Reaver Tank
Main Gun:  MP Autocannon
Secondary Gun:  Light Cannon (gains double tap burst)
...hits hard, using common AP ammo will dispense with anyone pretty much in a few shots, even power armor creeps and armored cars. Great way to expend that ammo that stacks up and do alot of damage to people in the process. Ammo flexibility too unlike a 25mm. Although less overall ammo can be carried you probably wont run out in a combat, and its easy to resupply if needed. Probably the most optimal combo ive thought of. It just doesn't do well against other tanks and will provoke return fire from cyberdisks before it kills them.

Bully Tank
Main Gun:  Direct Fire Mortar Tube (up to 7 rounds total carried)
Secondary Gun:  Laser Tommy (x4 or x8 shots)
When you just want to roll around and bully people with your thick armor and still need something to pinprick them with and maybe provide some support. Individual mortar shells can be fired, straight line path, since a ballistic arc isnt being engaged (like artillery firing laterally). Would have given it a hydra laser but tommy's have 50 shots and are much more likely to get researched or available.

Lazor Tank
Main Gun:  Mining Laser
Secondary Gun:  IGun  (x2 shots 13% TU or x6 shots 40% TU,  50 TU reload)
For when you need to Charge Your Lazors. Mining Laser has unlimited ammo and a single concentrated blast (45% TU) delivers 140 damage, but it loses power after 30 tiles (2/tile). The IGun introduces a bargain basement plasma option, can fire doubles or a burst of three doubles, gives you something to use those iGun clips on and just might come in handy against shields. A zany concept to be sure. Overall still not superior to the H.Lascannon, but available earlier.

Although this gives me cool ideas about putting an MP Autocannon or Light Cannon on an Armored Car because it would be insanely effective having a stable platform for those weapons, they are lighter than even a 25mm and would benefit about as amazingly as an HMG does. 60 rounds of AP Autocannon is plenty to pump into mobs.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 07:47:10 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2023, 05:45:48 am »
New explosion graphics
Reddish explosion which is doomlike (actually sorta reminds me of heretic/hexen). Works real well for small explosions (ie, up to 60 damage).
It only has 7 frames and could be okay with only 6.

This may be the final thing that I post for quite awhile.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2023, 08:07:52 am »
Actually I just saw this explosion go off with a Cyberdisc blowing up and it looked absolutely amazing. So as long as the explosion sprites dont spread out like with the larger explosions, its fantastic.

Edit:
Please care to share also other mods you're using? Thanks :)

Im working on a mod that swaps Gauss and Laser weapons, in a way.
Actually it replaces Lasers with Blasters, these being low grade plasma weapons that dont do plasma damage type (laser damage type becomes blaster damage type). While Gauss weapons become Lasers... but they are the extremely powerful zorching red lazer beam kinda weapons that turn people to slag or blow them to pieces, like the portrayal of them in some 70s and 80s sci-fi shows and movies (like the Wilkes' Lasers doing Mega Damage in Rifts). They would actually still do Piercing damage too like Gauss because of the intense power delivered on target, so it works out, plus the slower firing rate, more limited ammo.

Some gameplay adjustments but ultimately like a switcheroo and reskin including all the text being replaced.

Lasers -> look like Gauss and shoot orange blasts like gauss, small reddish pop on impact. No special AP bonus but added damage and +stun. Most civ or lesser lasers behave like this but the gun sprites are unchanged.

Gauss -> look like the Military Lasers, but shoot big fat red beam like sectopod or tank las, and results in a big reddish pop on impact. Even the gauss sfx kinda fits too.

Although one change is heavy laser, vehicle lascannon, and mp lascannon are heavy blasters which have a 1 tile blast radius. So they ignoredirection, still being as effective against heavy armor, but doing more damage to vehicles. Think of the Blaster cannons in starwars or the Deathglider blaster cannon from SG1, the hit doesn't stay in the tile it hits. More hazardous to use too, since adjacent units will take 70 to the face (almost no radius reduction).

It would have to be a native mod (files inserted into the xpz folder) plus a text language standard mod to go with it to remap all the descriptions. But it can be done.

Ive already tested it and the switching of stuff works, still working on the rest. Its not updated with the smoke trails yet. I probably want to make sorta beefier looking military lasguns to replace the (gauss) equivalents too before putting it out there, menacing red color light strips on them instead of green (their clips already use the AP Lasers clip gfx).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 08:43:31 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2023, 05:19:34 am »
Some Sprites from that
Laser Gun, aka "Black Pack" (64 AP damage, -33% armor)
Laser Rifle (80 AP damage, -33% armor)
Super Laser (135 AP damage, -33% armor, 70/50% TU to fire, single shots, 130/85% acc)

I renamed laser crystals to impulse crystals, and gauss coils to accelerator coils. The (gauss class) nuclear laser ammo is described as having a fine assortment of hellerium pellets that have to be oriented and aligned precisely, then the accelerator coil when firing smashes them together at some fraction of the speed of light like tiny shaped charges, turning them into pure energy instantly, built in proprietary force circuitry (unsalvageable) in the laser gun harnesses the energy and a forcefield focuses the beam so its emission is perfectly straight and its cross section is microscopic. Thus, Harm.

dark colored gauss weapons are blasters
has a custom lasgun equivalent
(the Black Pack nickname is a reference to the 90s scifi show Lexx, the energy handgun they used was called that, it basically disintegrated everybody who was shot with it except the undead assassin, who was immune)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 05:55:41 am by RSSwizard »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2023, 06:11:52 pm »
Super super cool stuff! Regardin some eventual new stuff for xpiratez id like to see - better yet hear - some new gunfire sounds, at least for the bullpup and rfc carabine, i really can not stand these😶‍🌫️ i hope might get eventually replaced...