Author Topic: Guys. Will XPiratez work with steam deck.  (Read 3578 times)

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
  • Work hard and play hard lol
    • View Profile
Guys. Will XPiratez work with steam deck.
« on: August 31, 2022, 04:54:29 pm »
Guys. Will XPiratez work with steam deck. Love to play this on steam deck. Anyone know if she will work with Steam deck?

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Guys. Will XPiratez work with steam deck.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 02:59:35 pm »
If you find out if it works it will be nice to know. If you are asking if it nice to play it on touchscreen - It was great for me to play it on Android phone. UI of 1993 game fits well for fingers.

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 05:55:26 pm »
If you find out if it works it will be nice to know. If you are asking if it nice to play it on touchscreen - It was great for me to play it on Android phone. UI of 1993 game fits well for fingers.
I am not good with SD yet. Do not know how to install it on her. Can not find any good ways to do it on google too.

I like android but there are still fews things are not good with android. still playable but not as good as PC. I think if it works on SD then it will be something better than android but still not as good as PC.

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 08:27:17 pm »
I know that you may install any operating system on this console. Idk how it works. They have some sort of Linux on it by default. So, you may ask how to install OXCE on Linux, I guess.

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 02:52:43 pm »
I know that you may install any operating system on this console. Idk how it works. They have some sort of Linux on it by default. So, you may ask how to install OXCE on Linux, I guess.
well until someone find out. I sure do not want to mess up my SD yet.

Offline BDoubleDs

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 09:29:22 pm »
I was able to install openxcom extended on the steamdeck using the windows auto installer.  I havent tried xcom files or piratez yet but if openxcom extended works, im sure they will as well. 

Essentially i followed the steps located here https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/w7118v/modding_xcom_ew_with_long_war_on_steam_deck/

but instead of using the long war installer for XCom:EU, i used the windows installer for openxcom extended.  Worked like a charm.

In a nutshell, the steps are...

1. download the windows based .exe installer
2. add the .exe installer to your steam library as a non steam game ( while in desktop mode )
3. set forced compatibility to Proton 7.0-4
3. run the newly added installer using steam's 'play' button.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 09:31:56 pm by BDoubleDs »

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 02:08:45 am »
Runs fine for me.  I just copied my install directory onto my deck, added it as a non-Steam game, and set it to use Proton in the compatibility settings.  Make sure your resolution is set to 1280 x 800 or less, though.

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 03:43:00 pm »
I was able to install openxcom extended on the steamdeck using the windows auto installer.  I havent tried xcom files or piratez yet but if openxcom extended works, im sure they will as well. 

Runs fine for me.  I just copied my install directory onto my deck, added it as a non-Steam game, and set it to use Proton in the compatibility settings.  Make sure your resolution is set to 1280 x 800 or less, though.

TY guys will try them now. Edit: Yeah. Finally work. Great guys.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 10:54:57 pm by howareyou32ny »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 11:49:39 am »

Yes, AFAIK Steam deck use a distro arch-based (if not arch itself) so install instructions for linux should work fine, see this thread here

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 09:44:59 pm »
Yes, AFAIK Steam deck use a distro arch-based (if not arch itself) so install instructions for linux should work fine, see this thread here

The two good gentlemen before me already post few perfect solution. SD is great to play XCOM.