Author Topic: Solar Courier?  (Read 978 times)

Offline Gammelbraxen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Solar Courier?
« on: June 18, 2023, 09:04:17 pm »
Hello!

First time poster here. I'm not sure if I've done something to bork the game. This is my second restart, and for some reason this time "The Solar Courier" does not seem to spawn? I'm in februari the second year but I have yet to see it this time around. Is it supposed to spawn during pogroms? I've succesfully won pogroms but no Courier.

Without it I can't seem to progress. Is there some way to add it with a debug tool or something?

I've spent alot of time, so re-starting isn't all that tempting. Also, i doubt this is the last time X-piratez decides to RNG. Or I click the wrong thing. (like selling the hull, why is that even allowed?)

My apologies if this is an eye-rolling noob thing. But X-piratez can be a bit ... opaque.

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Courier?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 06:44:31 am »
I think your best option for fixing this is to edit a save to add the Solar Courier to your base inventory. You can do that yourself or upload the save here so one of us can do it for you. The OpenXCom engine is a bit picky about formatting in save files, particularly spacing, but it's not too intimidating.

If you want to do it yourself, I'd recommend using an editor like Notepad++ that keeps spacing for new lines, or an online editor like this one https://jsonformatter.org/yaml-formatter. Otherwise you just have to manually match the spacing of the new line with the others.
Open your save file, search for "scientists:". At the first result, go to the line directly above that one, which should be space a bit more to the right than the scientists: line, like this example:
Code: [Select]
      STR_ZOMBIE_ESSENCE: 10
    scientists: 0
Using my example, create a new line just under STR_ZOMBIE_ESSENCE with the same spacing, and on that new line type in "STR_NEWSPAPER: 1".
Code: [Select]
      STR_ZOMBIE_ESSENCE: 10
      STR_NEWSPAPER: 1
    scientists: 0
Save the file and load it in XPiratez and you should have one Solar Courier in your first base. If you get an error or the Solar Courier isn't showing up, I'd advise uploading the save here.

I also looked into how the Solar Courier is spawned in Pogroms. It's spawned as an item in the inventory of one of the enemies. So it's entirely possible that you've just been very unlucky with explosives destroying it during pogroms.

Offline Gammelbraxen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 08:02:11 am »
Thank you!

That worked. Also, for future reference. Is it only humanist (the faction) pogroms that spawns them? The only post mentioning The Solar Courier dropping mentioned "human pogroms", yet the pogroms themselves are called "mutant pogroms". I ran at the last humanist pogroms, what with them having two tanks and all. Didn't think that was worth it.

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 09:51:44 am »
Thank you!

That worked. Also, for future reference. Is it only humanist (the faction) pogroms that spawns them? The only post mentioning The Solar Courier dropping mentioned "human pogroms", yet the pogroms themselves are called "mutant pogroms". I ran at the last humanist pogroms, what with them having two tanks and all. Didn't think that was worth it.
Looking through the code, I believe that all pogroms/terror missions EXCEPT Deep Ones, Dark Ones, Star Gods, Academy Elite (Pioneers) and Guild Elite (Drones/Exoguards) have a Solar Courier with them. That goes for the distress call pogroms (with the super fast Comm Waves) and the Terror Ship pogroms as well. It's a bit weird that the regular Academy and Guild have them, but the Elite versions don't, but that's up to the devs.