aliens

Author Topic: Teleporting 2x2 units in base defense  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Teleporting 2x2 units in base defense
« on: August 27, 2022, 07:13:45 pm »
I'm in the middle of a base defense at a base with only an access lift, no hangar. I have 1 soldier and a ton of drones right next to the lift, so when they step out of it i can gun them down en masse. It seems the MiB who attacked my base didn't care, because suddenly a shot is fired at one of my rear drones, from furthest back in my base. I turn around and see a sectopod down there, so unless it's a bug, i assume the AI cheats and just teleports 2x2 units into your base if you don't have a hangar? Or is it because it's literally impossible for it to get into my base, due to the layout of the drone bay right next to the access lift?

Attached save file.

EDIT: Ok so more turns go by and i manage to kill the sectopod, so back to focusing on the access lift. The enemy is starting to panic a lot, and suddenly i see an attack dog running around in the back of my base as well, and i can see panic plasma attacks from down there as well. What gives?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 07:34:56 pm by Foxhound634 »

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Teleporting 2x2 units in base defense
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 07:35:54 pm »
This is an infrequent but possible case. When there are many enemies, they may not have enough spawn points in the designated areas (elevator and hangars) and then the remaining enemies are spawned in the points intended for the base defenders.
This happens either when there are too many enemies or not enough spawn points for them. In the case of only one elevator for the entire base, this was almost inevitable.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 07:43:32 pm »
*sigh*

Thanks for the reply. Several of my bases are manufacturing/research bases where i deliberately don't have a hangar, because in vanilla that meant there wouldn't be 2x2 units attacking you. I guess that's not the case in this mod.

Maybe it could be solved with the reinforcements system?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 11:46:39 pm »
Maybe it could be solved with the reinforcements system?
That would probably make "regular" base defense missions trivial, given that the ammount of troops isn't adjusted in regards to the size/entry points of the base.

Building actual base defenses might be an option.