aliens

Author Topic: Raided the Black Lotus HQ but didn't get the PSI Generator  (Read 1711 times)

Offline rezaf

• Captain
    • View Profile
Raided the Black Lotus HQ but didn't get the PSI Generator
« on: August 25, 2022, 12:52:16 pm »
What I said in the headline, I researched the Black Lotus HQ, the mission spawned, I finished it ... but didn't get the PSI generator. I'm assuming that you SHOULD get it, looking at the tech tree it appears to be required to terminate the Black Lotus, and I'm pretty sure that's what it said in the mission description as well.
What am I to do? Is there any savegame voodoo I can perform to just give me the darn thing?
Took me a while to notice this, and I'm not really keen on falling back on such an old savegame now.

Thanks
rezaf

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Raided the Black Lotus HQ but didn't get the PSI Generator
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 01:07:15 pm »
It would help troubleshooting if you could post a savegame from said mission.

Offline rezaf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 02:31:19 pm »
Sadly, I don't think I have a savegame exactly from the mission anymore. Like I said, it took me a while to realize what had happened.
All I'm asking is for a way to fix that in my ongoing game. I would play the HQ mission again if I had to, I just don't want to roll back my entire game wholesale to a much earlier save.
Thanks
rezaf

Offline rezaf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 05:12:13 pm »
Well, that was much easier than anticipated, just added a line with STR_BLACK_LOTUS_PSI_GENERATOR to one of my bases ... seems to work.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 08:29:28 pm »
Yeah, adding the generator manually works, but... I don't really understand your situation. BL HQ (with a brand new generator) respawns every month until you destroy BL, and the only way to destroy them is to get a generator.

Offline rezaf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 09:49:27 pm »
I can't say I understand what happened much better.

It was exactly as I've written. I researched the HQ tech that causes the HQ quest to trigger - which it almost immediately did. Then I played the mission and finished it successfully. Nothing indicated anything was amiss.
The HQ mission hasn't respawned so far.

But last session I played the Red Dawn HQ mission respawned, despite me having retrieved the code cards or whatever you got there AND done the research on them. I haven't destroyed the Red Dawn yet, but I could have and was kinda surprised when that happened.

I guess sooner or later the Black Lotus HQ would have to trigger again as well. Weird setup, but okay.
So, despite the glitch with not getting the PSI generator thingie, appearently I didn't have any reason to worry in the first place.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 10:27:06 pm »
Well, I'm getting all the cult HQs to spawn like clockwork every time a new month comes along. You didn't upgrade from an earlier version or something?

Cult HQs only stop spawning when you've researched the 'Destroy X' topic. I've got dozens of RD memory cards in storage. :)

Offline rezaf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 10:40:42 am »
I played on for another month and, sure enough, the mission spawned again.
Re-did it and this time around I got the PSI generator without an issue.

So yeah, I'm not sure how that happened, either. Can it be destroyed somehow? But I don't even have energy weapons in the field yet neither am I using any explosives or grenades in this mission. Just boring old assault rifles. This time I uncovered the room where the statue stands during the mission, last time I didn't get so far, the remaining enemies surrendered before I had a chance to explore that part of the map.

Ah well, everything turned out as a non-issue. Sorry for the hiccup.  :-[

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 10:53:59 am »
Not sure. I suppose in theory, the mapscript might have fucked up and not gotten the room with the statue, but that's an extremely unlikely scenario. I've seen that mission more times than I care to count, and the statue has always been there.

A more likely reason is that the small statue got destroyed. The big statue that's on the map is pretty much indestructible, but the actual statue you get is under it (like Elerium is under UFO Power Sources). Maybe some panicked Black Lotusite managed to blow it up?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 11:50:25 am »
The item in question is very durable (armor: 80), but still might perish from a big explosive. Not a common occurrence for sure, but not impossible.