Author Topic: XPirateZ Mission/Soldier/Base trainer for Windows  (Read 3330 times)

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
XPirateZ Mission/Soldier/Base trainer for Windows
« on: August 14, 2022, 09:20:34 pm »
Hi guys! First time posting here, and I must first and foremost give a big thanks to Dioxine for this awesome mod, which for me now is like a fully fledged game! And also a big thanks to all people working on the OpenXCom platform giving old fans of the series a chance to replay this awesome game.

I'm here also to give something back to the community, if anyone is interest. It's a simple trainer I've developed to speed up the game progress when dealing with game replays and maybe some boring missions (if any). It allows to quick win the missions, as well as giving soldiers temporary 9999TU and 9999EN to easy win a map and still enjoying killing tons of enemies. It can also modify money and base development by allowing changing base elements by swapping them and zeroing construction time.

It's a C# trainer so .net sdk or .net redistributables for win64 are required.

In this post there is the compiled version but you can also find the source code on my github page here:

github.com/urz9999/xpiratez-genie

NOTE: current version is compatible with N1 update, and tested with soldiers with standard latin characters names, if there are problems with non latin names please let me know as it's probably an easy fix.

Enjoy and thanks again to everyone for X Pirate Z

UPDATE TO N5 Version
- added RUBBLE in bases
- added base inventory modifier to change items quantities

UPDATE TO 2.0.1 Version
- added Research Tab with instant research completion
- added Production Tab with instant production completion
- added Craft Tab for vehicles management (HP, Ammo, Fuel, Shield recharge)
- added Translations from Id to In-Game name for easy search for items and research projects
- new UI

UPDATE TO 2.02
- Fixed bug preventing to access new bases' soldiers and item tabs
- Fixed bug preventing to see the item list when a translation is missing

DL: https://github.com/urz9999/xpiratez-genie/releases/tag/v2.02

IMPORTANT: to use this new Genie update the .NET redistributables to the latest version: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/8.0!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 12:42:12 pm by urz9999 »

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
  • Work hard and play hard lol
    • View Profile
Re: XPirateZ Mission/Soldier/Base trainer for Windows
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 06:50:01 am »
Nice things buddy. How do we use her? Tried but can not get it to work somehow.

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 12:16:30 am »
Hi! Thanks, so do you have problem starting it? Maybe you need .net 4 redistributable, otherwise just start your game as normal, save (either a quick save or a normal save), launch the trainer, select "load save" and locate your .sav file (usually in your installation folder then /user/piratez). After that wait a few seconds to let it loads data then you can use it, change stats, heal party, stun enemies and so on. Every action saves the updates to the savefile. so you need to reload the save file in the game to see the changes. Usually I prefer quick saves with F5 and reload with F9 which is, in my opinion faster. After you've saved once in the trainer, you can also use load last save to reload the current savefile, or directly use quick win which will make you win the current mission directly (just reload with F9)

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
  • Work hard and play hard lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 08:48:47 am »
Thanks. I did not see that .net 4 before. my bad lol. Your trainer just make my XPZ 5th times play a lot easier. Appreciated.

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 12:25:10 am »
 ;)

Offline HyperOS

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2023, 07:42:38 pm »
Not even launch  ::)
i have all .net on my windows, but still nothing...not working

Offline Regulain

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2023, 12:04:55 am »
Not even launch  ::)
i have all .net on my windows, but still nothing...not working

Same I downloaded the .net not knowing if I had it, but when I started the install I was told I already had it.

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 06:03:47 pm »
Have you tried with the newest version of .net? like this one? https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/sdk-5.0.408-windows-x64-installer

Check if it works for you with this redistributable. Keep in mind that my last check on it was on version N5, so i don't know if it is compatible with the latest update, it should be if no other races or base building are introduced

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 11:14:48 pm »
it is planned an update where is possibile modify research achievements, adding topica and saving time?

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2024, 12:05:21 am »
I will try to find some time to add a couple of updates related to base building and mission clearing quick win (i.e. win by stun all instead of killing, with max exp enabled and maybe random kills fo runits just to keep things interesting). What do you like to see about research topics? One thing i could add could be to make them instantly excellent to save you time. Is that what you'd like?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2024, 01:26:01 am »
One thing i could add could be to make them instantly excellent to save you time. Is that what you'd like?

yes, but even better to have them already researched also without prequisite :)

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 09:26:33 pm »
Uhm I think it could be a bit dangerous, in the sense it could possibly led to broken save files.
I should check the save file and see if it is something I can unlock from it, otherwise it is something
related to rulesets files, so apart from patching them before launching the game there isn't too much i can do...

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 09:27:24 am »
Uhm I think it could be a bit dangerous, in the sense it could possibly led to broken save files.
I should check the save file and see if it is something I can unlock from it, otherwise it is something
related to rulesets files, so apart from patching them before launching the game there isn't too much i can do...

Maybe update the trainer so it can handle both file types? But it should be an option, of course!

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2024, 01:00:32 am »
For now i've updated the general UI as well as adding the research tab to complete researches faster.
This will give you a boost, i will also check if there is more i can do reading rulests.
It will likely be something i will add in the future but I don't have a release date in mind as I'm very busy with my work and personal life in these months