Author Topic: rss sprites, the legend continues  (Read 2500 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: rss sprites, the legend continues
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2024, 01:12:42 am »
yes but... don't now but tht MP still seem to be  a small m16/colt commando alike...please give another shot...?

edit: as for more ol' revolver specificity, it might me designed more like a top breaker one, see some references here. Hey, that repeating musket in first post is inspired by the nock gun?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 01:28:11 pm by ontherun »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 01:14:55 am »
rather boutique offering here
swaps the colors and styles of the Predator and M-Wing so the predator can be more thoroughly enjoyed, as the sprite for the m-wing was derived from the most awesome raptor arcade game. And somehow the predator looks... small.
These go in the Piratez/Resources/Planes directory.

yes but... don't now but tht MP still seem to be  a small m16/colt commando alike...please give another shot...?

Edit
Pretty much nailed it.
And have an MP5k  (1x2 size item) to boot!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 02:55:39 am by RSSwizard »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 10:04:46 am »
Edit
Pretty much nailed it.
And have an MP5k  (1x2 size item) to boot!

very nice indeed but sorry, you highness  :D the current resembling one i think it's better, see eurosyndicate smg on bootypedia. As fo h&kmp5a5 i dared to realize some kind of draw with starting from picture from web, hope you won't get too mad...care to work on it? it's attached

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2024, 04:00:36 am »
As fo h&kmp5a5 i dared to realize some kind of draw with.
I cannot resize images, or convert images to 8bit due to my software. It's pretty arcane. So is this sprite already in the XPZ palette? if not when I load it it'll automatically be converted to 8bit in a hashed up palette, and when I load the XPZ palette it'll be discolored like a christmas tree.

I don't have a computer, only an android phone, and the only software that even works with 8bit on a phone is GrafX2 which basically works like DPaint2, but without a mouse some of those functions (like polygonal lasso, or resize selection) do not work.

Have not found any online converting websites that will be 8bit sensitive either, like convert some 24bit picture to a specific 8bit palette without hashing its own custom one together.

edit - to edify you on the potato issues I have to deal with ill show you the results and why I cannot work with your sprite. They aren't fond of posting big pictures without a good reason here but I think an explanation is in order.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:07:37 am by RSSwizard »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2024, 08:44:24 pm »
ah..ok dear rsswizard, currently i have not much spare time for experimentatioon, but there is indeed the need for a softwar capable of applying palettes (which in our case are here). Piskel is one of these, it's an online one and supports palette importing, see screenshot (in the lower left corner there is a palette menu, press on + and you'll see the menu in the pic), but seems it cannot apply to an image, so there is no chance but to do it manually it?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 08:45:55 pm by ontherun »

Offline Barghum

• Sergeant
  • Doing my best to help (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2024, 09:06:46 pm »
ah..ok dear rsswizard, currently i have not much spare time for experimentatioon, but there is indeed the need for a software capable of applying palettes Piskel is one of these

i hate to say this but piskel does not do palettes right and auto corrects them to be buggy messes
the old version of Aseprite can be found for free here https://www.aseprite.org/older-versions/ here it works like a charm.

(yes its legal it's from the creators)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2024, 05:38:04 am »
the old version of Aseprite can be found for free here https://www.aseprite.org/older-versions/ here it works like a charm.

None of them are an Android version though, and if I had Windows PC id be using Photoshop 7 which ive always had and can be gotten for free from the damn internet archive, its been there for like the last six years or more (and even if you wanted to buy it PS 7 is only like 40 bucks). Dunno why everyone has been self nerfing all this time. Every single person here could be using the tool that made the entire Internet and movie graphics age of the early 2000s and yes it does 8bit palettes great. Its just, I can't use it or anything else I used to use because im stuck on a smartphone only.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2024, 01:15:20 pm »
well, managed to get aseprite 0.9.5. and kinda "importing" the right palette (hopefully) and now it shaould be all right, as always the new mp5 kinda sucks but i somehow managed to bend either magazine and grip but maybe broaden a bit too much the barrel, anyway hope it might be a good base for your work! See attachment
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:39:44 pm by ontherun »