Author Topic: Am I too far behind the power curve?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline heniv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Am I too far behind the power curve?
« on: September 22, 2022, 11:32:04 pm »
Hi everyone.

I need some advice here since I am unable to progress further.
I am currently on Dec 1999, and have progressed passed Promotion III (on my 4th Ironman attempt).

My issue is that I can't seem to get hold of anything more than basic Kinetic weapons, and all enemies have quite high armor and heavy plasma weapons.
I have reached Laser and Mass weaponary on my crafts but don't know what is mssing for the firearms.

Elerium and Elerium Battery prerequisite reasearch is done, but I can't research Laser Weapon Construction (even though I have a clip).

Thankful for any tips.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Am I too far behind the power curve?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 09:51:19 pm »
If you have craft lasers and Elerium Batteries (not just the prereq!), the only thing that can keep you from researching Laser Weapon Construction is not doing it in a lab with a Science Laboratory.

Otherwise, there are some armor-piercing kinetic weapons. Heavy Cannon AP rounds are probably the best of these, but there are several lighter kinetic cannons, too. Tactical Sniper Rifles. Miniguns strip armour. Chemoguns and Pulse weapon chem rounds both strip armour and do acid damage. Incendiaries at least take the enemy out of the fight for a little while.

Toxiguns and Canister Guns are alien acid weapons that don't require extensive interrogations to acquire.