Author Topic: Osiron missions not showing up  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Osiron missions not showing up
« on: July 11, 2022, 07:20:37 pm »
I'm in June 1998 right now, and i unlocked the 'osiron' research topic about 6 months ago, but i have yet to see any osiron missions. Am i missing anything?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Osiron missions not showing up
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 07:32:44 pm »
You must've gotten an Osiron guy from somewhere. Trading with Wizkids, maybe?

Most Osiron missions are gated behind 'Osiron' having been researched. If you have that, well, I guess RNG fucked you over. :-\

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 07:34:18 pm »
It is probably RNG. It can really fuck you up sometimes with barely any mission for a month.
But such is life in X-Com.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 08:25:45 pm »
You must've gotten an Osiron guy from somewhere. Trading with Wizkids, maybe?

Most Osiron missions are gated behind 'Osiron' having been researched. If you have that, well, I guess RNG fucked you over. :-\

You can get the 'osiron' research topic from a bunch of different sources. I think i got mine from a mid-level officer in one of the cults, though it could also have been a homicidal maniac. When did they first show up for you?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 08:34:50 pm »
Don't recall. Probably a citizen or maniac towards the end of year one.

We're both wrong, anyway. No cult (except Wizkids, if you consider them such) gives that topic. Osiron himself, MiBs, League citizens, maniacs, Cyberweb, VIPs, Councilors and SF soldiers (no clue why they know about Osiron) do. Well, and the two lower-level Secret Files.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 10:15:11 am »
It is rng. In all my playthroughs, certain missions do not spawn or spawn late or rare. In one only one Dagon outpost mission came up until Nov 98 and I could not progress and lost. In another no Exobiological Contamination mission spawned. This playthrough Osiron came up pretty late, whose missions can spawn before you research Osiron too btw.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 11:00:23 pm »
Ok so i think i formally unlocked the osiron missions by researching a zombie trooper. They had an implant thing that directly references osiron. Couple of months later i get the first osiron stakeout mission.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 05:44:52 pm by Foxhound634 »