aliens

Author Topic: Game Over  (Read 2297 times)

Offline bigwiggy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Game Over
« on: June 27, 2022, 04:27:58 pm »
Hi all.

I'm playing a game of vanilla TFTD, and for some reason the game just ends at the monthly report for September 2040.  Is there a time limit I don't know about? 
The odd thing is I'm doing very well, never lost a funding country, destroyed the two alien artifact sites that appeared, never lost a tactical or terror mission, etc.  I have Mag Ion armor, Psi disruptors and was researching the first new sub based on alien tech but at the monthly review it just says I failed to stop the alien invasion and it's game over.  There are two alien bases that I left as the supply ships that land at them give me a steady supply of zrbite/aqua plastics, if I destroy those before the end of the month will the game continue?  Or can anyone tell me why it's just suddenly game over?

Thanks.

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Game Over
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 06:41:02 pm »
I'm playing a game of vanilla TFTD, and for some reason the game just ends at the monthly report for September 2040.  Is there a time limit I don't know about? 
The odd thing is I'm doing very well, never lost a funding country, destroyed the two alien artifact sites that appeared, never lost a tactical or terror mission, etc.  I have Mag Ion armor, Psi disruptors and was researching the first new sub based on alien tech but at the monthly review it just says I failed to stop the alien invasion and it's game over.  There are two alien bases that I left as the supply ships that land at them give me a steady supply of zrbite/aqua plastics, if I destroy those before the end of the month will the game continue?  Or can anyone tell me why it's just suddenly game over?

Very likely you have had two bad months (too big a negative score, the threshold depends on difficulty) back-to-back? Destroying a base will certainly make the score go positive, but you can accomplish this otherwise as well.

Offline bigwiggy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 06:33:37 am »
Thanks for the reply.

Oddly my score at the end of the month was 8709 and my rating was excellent.  In fact I don't think I've ever had a negative score and certainly never two in a row.  The only thing is I'm always over two million in debt which causes a warning, but that's easily taken care of by bagging a UFO or two.  Anyway I guess I'll try taking out one of the alien bases and see if that makes any difference.

Offline bigwiggy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 08:40:05 am »
I figured it out.  The game was ending because I was going too far into debt.  I'm not sure what the actual number is but when I sold a bunch of stuff to get enough so I was less than 2 million in dept after the monthly report the game didn't end.  You'd think they'd tell you the number though.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 02:49:13 pm »
I figured it out.  The game was ending because I was going too far into debt.  I'm not sure what the actual number is but when I sold a bunch of stuff to get enough so I was less than 2 million in dept after the monthly report the game didn't end.  You'd think they'd tell you the number though.

"They" do though, the first time you go too far into debt:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 02:50:57 pm by krautbernd »