Author Topic: X-Com Files Mod The Hardest by Fomka (Superman, Ironman, Handicaps)  (Read 14162 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com Files Mod The Hardest by Fomka (Superman, Ironman, Handicaps)
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2022, 10:40:39 pm »
Couldn't you make it run only on enemies?

They are the ones who have no access to medkits.
This is script, who will get "hit" by it depend solely on what script decide.

Better yet, can they get access to medkits? :D
Yes but this is complex problem to solve by AI, script on other hand are very dumb solution and easy to implement.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2022, 01:17:01 am »
Meanwhile at the midnight of 24th of May...

New missions: Cult Apprehensions of Red Dawn and EXALT
Somehow Red Dawn activists wandered into Sana'a (Yemen) and were discovered by X-Com spies at 07:00 on 24th of May. A fully loaded van from Europe base (located in Czechia) starts its long travel to the place 10 minutes later.

Some other suspects were discovered elsewhere at 00:00 on 25th of May - EXALT in Porto Allegre at the south of Brazil. The van that patrols Venezuela's land near Caracas speeds to the place.

The first place, Sana'a, Yemen
After 34 hours of travelling via vans and public aerial transport four agents arrived in Sana'a, during night time, to apprehend some lower rank Red Dawn suspects. One of such gangers was already interrogated and I need them no more, so I expect no neutralizations, just kills.

Turn 1
Two gangers are visible, one with an AKM, another with a baseball bat. Three suspicious houses are around. Riflemen Aleida and Carlos to shoot the AKM guy, shotgunner Fehmi to check one suspicious house, Nakimera is to provide any help needed. The baseball-bat-boy is low priority now.

Aleida places an aimed shot with Hunting Rifle on the AKM ganger - he is HIT!
AKM ganger reacts with three shots from AKM, Aleida is HIT two times and dies!  >:(
Carlos also places an aimed shot with Hunting Rifle on the killer - he is HIT again but lives! What an overpumped person. :o
Nakimera runs a bit closer to the AKM guy, kneels and can fire four snap shot with her Glock.
HIT! The AKM guy is down.

Turn 2
Fehmi at the BBB, 1 shotgun snap with 73% from ~7 tiles: 0 hit 0.
Now the BBB is dangerous: he is close and the shotgun strikes only one "hit" out of him and his same-sized comrade has been downed with no less than three HITs.
Carlos at the BBB with Glock's snaps (6 max): miss, miss, hit, HIT... The BBB dies! How fortunate.
Nakimera still covers left area, Carlos covers the right.

Turn 3
Another baseball-bat-boy is spotted by Carlos and hides. Agents groups to react on him: Fehmi is kneeled with at shotgun ready, Carlos stands behind him with the Glock in right hand.

The BBB2 goes into the light and Carlos reacts: miss, miss, hit, miss, HIT, miss. Fehmi reacts too with two shotgun snaps but the fired shot doesn't damage the ganger.

Turn 4
It seems the BBB2 is doomed. Let's leave Nakimera on guard and scout the area in group of two after his inevitable death.

Turns 5-7
The BBB2 collapses due to blood loss. The pair of Fehmi (shotgun) and Carlos (rifle and Glock) slowly moves to the south. Nakimera is on guard with her Glock. A ganger with Skorpion steps out of a door about 5 tiles from Nakimera and receives two HITs from her. He turns around and opens burst fire, but Nakimera receives only one damaging hit, the other three placed hits bring zero damage, thanks to her vest. The agent puts an end to the ganger with another shot and hit. The case is closed!

Patients
Carlos and Nakimera receives Patient and Battle-scarred awards. Aleida, rest in peace, your name is placed on the memorial and your body will be transported from that Sana'a city of Yemen to relatives in your native Italy.

Work on errors
The ganger that killed Aleida with 2 reaction fire hits from AKM must had been attacked with a flashbang first, not with a Hunting rifle.

Recruitments
The ranks of agents are refilled with two rookies and two dogs arriving at the Asian base. Suprisingly, the agents are from the same countries that two last casualties were: Aleida from Italy passes the baton to Carmen and Annar from Iceland to Yngmar.

The second place, Port Allegre, Brazil
Ibrahim Lwanga from Uganda, Saba Rahimi from Iran, Mihai Ungureanu from Romania, and David Martin from Belgium arrives to apprehend EXALT in Porto Allegre at 11:52 on 26th of May, at a dawn, after 35 hours of van-travelling. The policy is to attack at night-time, so the squad will lay low for about 12 hours more. I hope that the suspects that were located at 00:00 on 25th of May will not leave the scene till then.

Time passes and the mission is started on 22:52 on 26th of May, almost 47 hours after its detection. The tools are: Glocks, Taser pistols, a Pump-action shotgun, a Hunting rifle and a Minebea.

That was an easy mission due to lucky placement: the agents stepped into a dark area and had a view on large portion of brightly lit map. EXALT Infiltrators managed to shoot only twice, for no damage. All was over on Turn 6.

New missions pop up
At the beginning of the 28th of May 1997 a Strange Life Form mission was located in Central America. Soon a Black Lotus apprehension mission was located on the Easter Island. Both were assinged to squads travelling via vans.
Cattle mutilation is reported to be near the base in Europe.

It seems my two bases with five-six vans are enough to handle all new missions. How long will this situation last? Will I be able to reach Osprey before the promised raise of the cultists?

To be continued...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2022, 04:09:01 pm »
I think I said it before, but I really dig the minimap format.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2022, 09:09:47 am »
New missions pop up
Cattle Mutilation case opened at 00:00 on the 29th of May, resolved about 3 hours later with 168 score and no casualties. The three farmers were armed with a single hoe, that was a piece of cake.

Strange Life Form case opened at 00:00 on the 28th of May, agents arrived 49 hours later, at 01:28 on 30th of May, immediately after dusk. I decide to wait till dawn - this way the respond time will be also between 48 and 72 hours (2 and 3 days) as is the current time (49 hours). The mission starts at 12:31 on the 30th of May, it is 60,5 hours since its appearance.

Turn 1
There are Muckstars! I hate them, the creatures attack at distance with fast reaction and high accuracy. Several agents were injured during the last (unsuccessful) mission against them, the only one until now.

OK, there is one Muckstar near and no more are visible. Let's try flashbang, dog bite and shotgun shots on it. No way! The moment Roman the rifleman sidesteps out of the van's hood to throw his flashbang, he spots another Muckstar (at 19 tiles) also staring at him as the first one (at 9 tiles).

OK, let's try flashbanging the nearest from another side - around the van's backdoor. No way! That Muckstar spots the agent–Carlos Fraga, survivor of the last Red Dawn apprehension–first, in spite of him moving strictly forward to the creature (hoping for mutual suprise), and electrocutes him to the death with two HITs.

Carlos Fraga from Cuba is killed :(

OK, let's just take the revenge with our attack dog Boo Boo then! The dog misses two times. Time to try the shotgun. Fehmi can make three snapshots. Snap shot (6 tiles)! Damage: 0 0 HIT HIT. The creature falls down unconscious and bleeding (and dies on the next turn).

Turn 2
They are fragile - it gives hope. And since there are civilians nearby (one scream has been heard) it suggests responsibility. The impromptu plan for the nearest future is: retreat is no option, the pair of dog and shotgunner goes after any spotted Muckstar, the last rifleman covers their backs. If some of the remainging members of van company is killed then retreat.

The dog runs up to the second Muckstar (spotting the third on its way) and is ready to spoil its reaction fire in close quarters while Roman the rifleman makes an aimed shot (24 tiles, 96% with 77 accuracy points).
HIT! The creature dies.

Turn 3
What a good present at the start of turn! The third Muckstar moves in by itself. The dog can't get close enough because of some box on the ground. Eat it! No, it's too big. Bark at the creature then! The box is in the way. Bark from another place. OK, the sound freezes the third Muckstar. Fehmi the shotgunner kills the creature from 2 tiles with one shot: HIT 0 HIT HIT.

Having disposed of the immediate danger the squad looks around and the commander have managed to arrange a full map of discovered parts of the area. One conclusion arises from looking at that huge map: it's impossible to clear this area with just three units! The squad encountered three Muckstars gathered in just one 10x30 sized corner of that 60x60 area, one enemy for 10 square tiles. There can be about 36 enemies in total (fear has big eyes, yeah). It takes one agent to kill that three enemies, the two remaining agents and their dog won't be enough to kill the others.

The plan: pursue the only visible civilian, knock him out and drag to the van for evacuation!
Must pickup tasers from the van.

Turn 4
The sight of civilian was lost, that's bad. No screams during hidden movements, that's good.
The squad carefully advances, units wisely step out of corners. Two enemies spotted!

Roman attacks the nearest with an aimed shot (96%, 9 tiles) – and misses! Then hides around the corner.

Another civilian wanders to the south. No screams during hidden movements.

Turn 5
Roman spots an enemy again and kills it now. Fehmi runs with a taser picked up. Boo Boo runs too and spots that first civilian again.

No sounds during hidden movements except for some door sounds. It seems there are no 30+ Muckstars here.

Turn 6-7
The squad advances. The dog smells the air. Both earlier spotted civilians are located. Three enemies are wandering at a big distance, one hit the civilian man once. Fehmi runs closer to the woman... And is hit by a hidden Muckstar in the back! No damage, but the agent is in danger, he has no time to hide.

Turn 8
An electric discharge and a male scream are heard during hidden movement phase. The man is dead and the place is marked with cross on the map.

Strangely, the Fehmi's assaulter hasn't discharged its weapon but has only moved closer to the agent. Is it playing cat-mouse? Don't know, attack it!

Roman's Minebea SMG roars in full auto, filling up the creature with hot lead till its death.

The saved agent turns around for the woman, finds her inside a house with a help from the dog's smelling ability and tries to tase her without a greeting word. The woman stands after hit.

Turn 9-12
The non-taserable woman: - Excuse me?
(she is a well-mannered lady indeed!)
Fehmi the X-COM representative: - Stand still and say CHEESE!
(Taser discharge follows, the lady is down. How rude, man!)

The goal is almost achieved, just need to bring the civilian back to the van and evacuate. That is successfully done without any enemy spotting.

Roman: - Let's go!
Fehmi: - Wait a sec, I'm going to grab poor Carlos and stuff!

The grabbing ended on Turn 18 (first aid kits, hunting rifles and Muckstar corpses cost money, you know). The squad departures with the woman still unconscious.

The tased woman awakens and the agents sooth her. She thanks for the rescue from monsters and van driver drops her before crossing the Guatemala-Mexican border. Her name remains unknown to X-COM, since she evades meeting with Council Salvagers (either as a living person being questioned or a corpse being identified after a success or a failure of X-COM). The Council doesn't sum up the woman's salvation to the score :(

The agency remembers fallen Carlos and all that Muckstar case on Guatemala-Mexican border. The fight with the paranormalities and the Enemy Unknown continues...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 09:25:15 am by Fomka »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2022, 10:50:25 am »
OK, let's try flashbanging the nearest from another side - around the van's backdoor.
Why not over the van? Grenades are indirect weapons, that seems like better way to use them.

Also, if a farmer is holding a hoe and it's not a weapon, well... ;)

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 04:42:31 pm »
Overvanning may work indeed, I'll test.

Hoe is a tool.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 05:00:09 pm »
Hoe is a tool.
Not to the more bright farmers. :D

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2022, 09:16:24 pm »
Not to the more bright farmers. :D
Oh, nice, I got that pun.

They say:
What do pimps and farmers have in common?
They both need a hoe to stay in business.

Always wonder, how do you distinct similar sounding words in English? I'm Russian and for example Skye and sky sounds exactly the same for me. Englishmen, can you recognize one and another by ear? I imagine that yes.

One time I heard a misuse of Russian simikar sounding words, but they sound very distinct for my ear. They were собор and забор.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2022, 02:56:31 pm »
The fight with the paranormalities and the Enemy Unknown continues...
Overview of the X-Com project on 30th of May 1997
Bases
There are two underground bases now. In addition to the first one established in the eastern Czechia there is the second built in China halfway between Beijing and Xian. They are Europe and Asia, and I plan to (not soon) establish the third base in the USA in the middle of the Chicago-Minneapolis-Kansas City triangle. With three bases the majority of the Northern hemisphere landmass will be within radars range in the future.

Both functional bases have three hangars, living quarters for 50 people, a gym for ten agents and their dogs and general stores module. The European one also has a ten-seater prison, a ten-eater animal pen and the HQ with 5 people doing scientific work, sometimes on inhabitants of the two former modules.

Animal pens are almost full. The most precious specie there is that Werecat stunned down on the 23rd of April by our honored agent Aleida Esquivel (may she rest in peace). Based on its research we will start Mutant Physiology research and its results together with all we have at hand will surely allow us to recruit that mustached scientist on the position of the Chief Researcher needed for Promotion II.

Prison cells are half-full. I keep only one person of each kind. I also send away for money all the lowest level cultists (they were researched). Do not want to get dossiers or ordinary gun descriptions from interrogations.

Money and plans for hire and build (only Europe base)
Spoiler:
Current income is $1721k, maintenance is $987,2k, net income is $733,8k. Current funds are at $154,7k. Net cash on the 1st of June will be at least at $888,5k.
Will spend the money on the Intelligence Center - $750k. Will be built on the 20th of June 1997. Cost of additional 5 scientists recruitment is $450k. Must earn that sum in-between the 1st and the 17th of June (3 days for the recruited scientists to arrive) to have the newcomers working since their first day in that Intel Center.

I do not plan to hire new agents, since gyms are already full and no training is finished. In case a disastrous mission a full replacement of lost van with 2 agents and 2 dogs would cost around $130k - I have this sum in reserve.

The next facility to be built will be
Science Lab which costs $2000k, and whose build time is 26 days. Will be ready around the 20th of September 1997.

After that either Large Living Quarters or
Workshop (costs $800k, build time is 32 days) will be built. Before the current day I planned to build that Workshop earlier than the Sci-lab but have changed my mind: it is better now, at the beginning, to have more scientists that engineers, because the latter have not much to do.
Researches and their time
Spoiler:
Chief Engineer Recruitment is being researched and is at Average. Its cost is 50. Workforce is 5. Mean total time is 10 days, I presume it will be finished on the 5th of June.

Then the research will go this way, in 5 stages.
1st stage
Werecat → Mutant Physiology → Chief Researcher Recruitment
Mean difficulty equals to 50+100+50=200 days.
With 5 current scientists it will take 40 days. With additional 5 scientists at the Intelligence Center since its construction on 21st of June it will take 28 days.

2nd stage
Mutant Metabolism + Chief Xenologist Recruitment
The 1st will allow to extract energetic blood plasma from Werecats and some other creatures dead or alive that will be researched eventually. The 2nd is needed for Promotion II on the 4th stage and is here to have time for capturing cultists for interrogations about cults' networks on the 3rd stage. Total mean difficulty is 20+50=70 days, it is 7-day work for 10 researches.

3rd stage
Black Lotus Footman → Black Lotus Network +
EXALT Goon → EXALT Network +
Red Dawn Lad → Red Dawn Network

Total mean difficulty is 10*6=60 days.
It will be finished within 6 days having that Intelligence Center fully functional.

4th stage
Military Envoy Recruitment → All staff contacted (The Chief Researcher too) → X-Com Summary Report #2 → Promotion II
Total mean difficulty is 50+40+2=72 days. 8 days for 10 researches.

5th stage
Science Laboratory + Workshop
It is 30+10=40 days of work for 10 researchers.

All research stages are explained on my Gantt graph which is attached as the 2nd picture. Online version is available for two weeks on GanttPRO.
In short: I'm building a beeline to Promotion II, in the meanwhile main transportation means are vans and main agent tools are hunting rifles, shotguns, glocks, minebeas and flashbangs.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2022, 06:14:44 pm »
...people doing scientific work, sometimes on inhabitants of the two former modules.
Are you one of those people who thinks rubberhose cryptography is science? :P

...that engineers, because the latter have not much to do.
That's a pretty fancy way of saying 'they can only open boxes for 833 dollars a day'. ??? 1997 dollars, so about $1500 today.

...main agent tools are hunting rifles, shotguns, glocks, minebeas and flashbangs.
What, no love for classics such as the M1911 and the hand cannon Magnum? :D

Then the research will go this way, in 5 stages.
Your workshop cost seems to be wrong, the average is 50, not 10 or 100 science-days.

Why no Bio-lab, though? I thought this was considered the ultimate research start?

And why are you limited to 10 scientists? Another Intelligence Center at the second lab base would speed things up quite a bit. Not enough money?

Also, the way you're hiring scientists so they'll only work for a bit over a week for an entire month's salary seems a bit... extravagant.

Finally, planning all this in such detail when actual research costs can vary a lot...

Gantt graph
:o   ...never mind. I'm friendly, really, I am! Very friendly!  *Backs away, slowwwly*
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 10:06:42 pm by Juku121 »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 04:33:01 pm »
Oh, nice, I got that pun.

They say:
What do pimps and farmers have in common?
They both need a hoe to stay in business.

Always wonder, how do you distinct similar sounding words in English? I'm Russian and for example Skye and sky sounds exactly the same for me. Englishmen, can you recognize one and another by ear? I imagine that yes.

One time I heard a misuse of Russian simikar sounding words, but they sound very distinct for my ear. They were собор and забор.

Context usually.

Bulgarian мед [med] may mean honey or copper. They are different words, even have different genders (мед honey is male and мед copper is female). They also have different full grammatical articles, i.e. the honey is медът[medut], while the copper is медта [medta]. There are other examples of such words that have the same spelling and reading, or that differ only in where the stress is placed. You can usually catch it by the context.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2022, 01:05:36 am »
Are you one of those people who thinks rubberhose cryptography is science? :P
No, my science about interrogations was a sarcasm. But they do even more awful things in X-Com labs against Aliens, you know. For the sake of humanity!

That's a pretty fancy way of saying 'they can only open boxes for 833 dollars a day'. ??? 1997 dollars, so about $1500 today.
Yeah, engineers would be High Price No-Doers if I ordered the Workshop for them (as I planned one time) with no decent topics researched beforehand. Now there is only one, the Chief Engineer Who Brought Us the Shotgun, a bottle-friend of the commander and overall useful fellow research wise.

What, no love for classics such as the M1911 and the hand cannon Magnum? :D
No love, no hate, just complete disregard. Not a dedicated gun lover too, my approach here is "Use default weapons and wait for Black Ops, don't be a victim of all that Files of gun porn". If a target doesn't fall down to the first hit, just use more hits.

Glocks overuse may be a tribute to the 1st Half Life game, where you follow some scientist with no shown proof of scientific advances through his lucky battles with unearthly creatures and soldiers. The Glock is the first handgun there, acquirable after the first overall weapon — the famous Crowbar (Fomka in Russian). :D
The sounds are funny there.

Your workshop cost seems to be wrong, the average is 50, not 10 or 100 science-days.
Oh, thanks, my bad.

Why no Bio-lab, though? I thought this was considered the ultimate research start?
The Bio Lab doesn't stand on the fastest path to Promotion II and I somehow overlooked it. Thanks for the question.

Let's see, its research cost is 150 days (Medicine + Advanced Medicine + Bio Lab) which is half the cost of the Science Lab.
According to the plan under discussion the path PromII->SciLab->Workshop->BioLab via Medicine will yield research finish on the 15th of September (31st of August + 15 days for the addition).
Going path PromII->BioLab via Medicine->SciLab->Workshop will yield research finish on the 12th of September (Bio Lab with 5 scientists will be operational on the 31th of August).
The Bio Lab path is better!
Not only it brings the workshop closer to start, but it make expenses curve smoother. I mean, the costs of new facilities will increase in linear fashion, without the surge of $2000k+$2250k for the Sci Lab before the more modest $750k+$450k for the Bio Lab.

And why are you limited to 10 scientists? Another Intelligence Center at the second lab base would speed things up quite a bit. Not enough money?
It's more complex. The planned net income is only $750k per month. It's enough to build one Intel Center monthly, bringing in another task of gathering $450k more (for 5 researchers' hire) to solve. I can struggle out the 2nd Intel Center in Asia in July, in addition to the 1st in Europe in June. But the research then must be split between the two bases. It will give some gains if I'm up for interrogating every one of captures, but I'm not going this way (and I have no prison at the 2nd base).

Also, the way you're hiring scientists so they'll only work for a bit over a week for an entire month's salary seems a bit... extravagant.

Finally, planning all this in such detail when actual research costs can vary a lot...
:o   ...never mind. I'm friendly, really, I am! Very friendly!  *Backs away, slowwwly*
This is a plan, it will be corrected by actually playing the game. With this plan detailed with the precision of one day I have a nice baseline to compare plan vs actual status, it will be fun for me. And saving money hiring agents and other staff only at months' beginnings is a wise move, yes (I usually do so :P).

Ha, the first difference of actuality vs the Plan shows up with the first research: Chief Engineer Recruitment finishes 5 days ahead of schedule. Just at the start of June. Finances also make me happy: funding countries raise the income! After the order of Intelligence Center I need only $311k to earn within 17 days, not $450k.

Context usually.

Bulgarian мед [med] may mean honey or copper. They are different words, even have different genders (мед honey is male and мед copper is female).

Thanks for the input. No 100% distinction by ear then.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2022, 01:14:23 am »
The fight with the paranormalities and the Enemy Unknown continues...

Three apprehensions of Black Lotus are on the schedule.
The lowest level cultists are awaited, so there is no goal to capture someone, agents are allowed to open fire right at the missions' starts, without shouts to freeze and drop weapons.

Australian Case
Some Black Lotus followers were discovered in Canberra, Australia, at 07:00 on the 30th of May. 27,5 hours later two agents and two dogs arrives there at night in a van (luckily it was heading in Australia from China already) and apprehend them at 10:33 on the 31st of May.
Outcome: the case is closed, no valuables captured, all sold for $11475 ($7200 captured cultist included), rookie Carmen Suarez was wounded (5 day recovery of 19hp into full 29hp).

Easter Island Case
The case on Easter Island was discovered at 23:00 on the 28th of May and was lost 93 later at 20:00 on the 1st of June. A van from China almost finished that long trip, there were only 16 hours of travelling left.

Xian Case
Black Lotus lowest level mission popped up at 03:00 on the 31st of May and is about to start at 15:47 on the 2nd of June, 60,5 hours later. There are three agents and a dog on it. The main force is Nakimera Umony, an asian-looking girl from Uganda (yeah!) who is fond of Skorpion SMG that was taken away from Red Dawn.
Outcome: the case is closed, no valuables captured, all sold for $11592 ($7200 captured cultist included), no one is fatal wounded. Only Bolt the dog was scratched by the last cultist with a throwing knife. In spite of he receives no fatal wound, he is considered Battle-scarred and suffers from -1 hp awarded by Battle Scars That Hurt submod. OK, I'll live with that.

Strange Creatures On The Icy Plains of Northern Iceland
The mission pops up at 12:00 on the 1st of June, a van from Europe goes there and arrives 28 hours later at 16:01 on the 2nd of June.
The 4 men squad goes hunting armed with 4 Glocks (each having 3 spare magazines). Heavy weapons are three shotguns. Sniper weapon is a hunting rifle.
One Owlman and a woman far away from it are spotted. Just run towards the woman! David Martin managed to put a HIT on the creature with his hunting rifle. OK, flashbang it then! David can't help himself but fire at the running owlman again, placing it to rest. Erm, that's all? I hoped for a bunch of Mongorns to hunt for...

Red Dawn Safehouse on Kamchatka
It was detected at 23:00 on the 1st of June. Will be apprehended from China base.

EXALT in Fortaleza, Brazil
Cult activity was detected at 01:00 on the 2nd of June. A van returning to Europe base will be on the track in about 10 hours. The squad is not full: they are returning from unsuccessful Muckstar case, where agent Carlos Fraga was killed. No rest at base, they'll sleep on their way across the Atlantic and in airport queues.

OK, the worldwide trips of vans with armed agents of X-Com the Paranormal Activity Unit continue.
The hardest nut to crack of the near future will undoubtfully be that Kamchatka Safehouse of Red Dawn...
But Glocks and flashbangs in hand of skillful agents will bring victory!

Know Your Tools
You'll find some GIF videos of using inaccurate Skorpion, dog barks and teeth attacks, and a Hunting Rifle attached. It is not a solid statistical investigation, just for the mood.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2022, 04:47:33 pm »
You can use Q for left weapon and E for right. It is easier than clicking, at least for me.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2022, 07:16:14 pm »
You can also use number keys to select fire mode. I am now pretty well-trained on Q-4 for melee, Q-1, Q-2 for ranged and Q-5, E-5 for throwing lots of 'nades. :D

You can also use (or setup) a hotkey for crouching. I like 'C'.

There is also a whole list of 'secret' hotkeys here.