Author Topic: [Solved] Weapons that don't really take up a hand  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Solved] Weapons that don't really take up a hand
« on: May 28, 2022, 06:30:14 pm »
Mod 40k
The Grey Knights have one peculiarity. They all wear storm bolters on their forearms. It's a lore, it's okay. The problem is that this feature according to the lore of the universe allows you to use two-handed weapons (various power hammers, halberds, etc.).
In the game itself, this is implemented as armor with a fixed weapon in his right hand. In this case, two-handed weapons that require both hands no longer work. And two-handed weapons requiring one hand gets a penalty.

Is it possible in OXCE to make it so that one weapon does not affect the other weapon?
It's situational but nevertheless you can think of many weapons that mechanically go to the left/right hand but don't really take up arms. For example a shoulder cannon, a forearm weapon, etc.
I've been trying to find the right command in the rule set guide. Either I wasn't looking hard enough or there is no such command.
Maybe you should add a rule that when activated on the weapon makes it "invisible" to other weapons. So that you can use a two-handed weapon with a weapon that does not actually take a hand
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 12:50:31 pm by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons that don't really take up a hand
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 02:10:49 am »
but then its not holden weapon but "buildin" weapon. I recall that you can define some weapons that are internal to armor and are accessible when you do not hold any thing in this hand.

Offline eclecticbibliophile

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons that don't really take up a hand
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 05:49:36 pm »
Here's what you're looking for, the special weapon section: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_(OpenXcom)#Armor