Author Topic: What is the most carefree mod now?  (Read 2865 times)

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
What is the most carefree mod now?
« on: May 25, 2022, 08:55:17 pm »
I lost in Xpiratez, I lost in Xcom-files, 40k is too much terror missions... So, is there a mod for somebody who doesn't want to complete every mission, grind score, fight 6 against 50 or to have every mission a terror mission? I want something so I can play during a coffee brake.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most carefree mod now?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 09:36:34 pm »
Perhaps Final Mod Pack may be of interest you you?

It plays like an expanded version of the original X-COM: UFO Defense campaign.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 09:38:47 pm by The Martian »

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 10:25:58 pm »
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Offline Fegelein

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 09:09:47 pm »
Perhaps UNEXCOM will be interesting for you? It's not that hard, and still enjoyable

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 01:36:56 pm »
Thanks for recommending. It was quite fine.

UNEXCOM is a bit too much micromanagement and too flat learning curve - everything is a bit too good from the start. But still, I wish it was among the Released mods section, it feels pretty much completed.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 02:24:09 am »
Final Mod Pack is one of the more difficult mods, or so I'm told. But I haven't actually played it.

UNEXCOM is easier, but may not have the shallowest learning curve, as you noted.

Equal Terms seems to be a fairly low difficulty mod which you may appreciate. It offers plenty of weaponry options right from the start of the game, and they are mostly quite powerful.

I would also like to recommend my own Reaver's Harmony, on Beginner difficulty. There is a lot of stuff offered in Harmony, but the game doesn't force you to engage with most of it. I am also seeking more playtesting specifically on Beginner or Experienced difficulty levels. I have made the difficulty levels vary strongly from one another, so the goal is for Beginner to offer a very casual approach that should not be too stressful even if you are not a veteran X-Com player. I would love some feedback! And if you find it difficult or stressful, let me know because I'll be eager to fix that!