Author Topic: Sharing / Selling technology?  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Rag

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Sharing / Selling technology?
« on: June 16, 2022, 02:53:18 am »
I am curious what technology people chose to share and which they chose to keep. I also wanted some clarification for M.A.G.M.A. sharing as under each share technology it lists "affects game progression", is it important to make sure to share them due to this or is it not as important as it sounds? I am guessing looking at the wiki it's just due to 1 or 2 more missions but are those important to get?

So far I've only had 2 options to share, I have shared Tritanium and am currently trying to make the decision for selling Sonic technology as the weapons sound nice but the instant money now sounds better? I have seen there is some good looking stuff for sharing the other technology but not sure what is or isn't worth it. But of course since this is XCOM I'm probably going to share everything since what are morals?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 02:58:21 am by Rag »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing / Selling technology?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 05:19:57 am »
...is it important to make sure to share them due to this or is it not as important as it sounds? I am guessing looking at the wiki it's just due to 1 or 2 more missions but are those important to get?
The converse, you get some horrible 'slander' missions that are nearly impossible to reach due to how quickly they vanish, and tank your score (-500 a pop). Plus a few score-lowering pop-up events.

So far I've only had 2 options to share, I have shared Tritanium and am currently trying to make the decision for selling Sonic technology as the weapons sound nice but the instant money now sounds better?
Money is ultimately not a problem, even $5M. Missing a weapon tech is not really, either, but it's more unique. But this is an actual dilemma, and I don't think one of them is automatically much better than the other at that particular point. If you're a collector, want to try out the sonic guns or just like to use them, go for sharing. If your game could use a boost right now, take the money.

I have seen there is some good looking stuff for sharing the other technology but not sure what is or isn't worth it.
Spoiler:
Alloy ammo is good. Terramite+batteries give some early power armour, which is ultimately useless but might be worth something depending on when you get it. Elerium explosives give more powerful GL rounds, pretty meh overall. Gardens give chem rounds for Magma Pulse weapons, which are okay.

But of course since this is XCOM I'm probably going to share everything since what are morals?
Eh, X-Com is all about morals. The human morals of 'We will not be alien cattle!'. Or 'Illuminati cattle'. ;D What's the point, otherwise? And it's not as if far worse things are already not running around thanks to the NWO just sitting on their asses all day.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 06:08:22 am by Juku121 »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 03:40:16 pm »
...since what are morals?

Hey we are saving the world here. We are willing to send wave after wave of rookies at the problem. The Aliens can't have that much ammo, right? And these Farmers make excellent money on the organ market.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 03:51:05 pm »
The Aliens can't have that much ammo, right?
The aliens were given laser rifles. :'(

And these Farmers make excellent money on the organ market.
Uh, I'm getting just $10k apiece, bulk prices, all organs included (minus one or two, perhaps). I need you to tell me how to contact the real market.