aliens

Author Topic: Can't move units, time units really low.  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Skybuck

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Can't move units, time units really low.
« on: May 20, 2022, 05:36:03 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to play this mod with openXcom extended. First I tried it in OpenXcom vanilla, that didn't work, so I moved the files to openXcom extended

https://openxcom.mod.io/xcom-multimod

When I try "new battle" and load some equipment even if I don't the time units of the soldiers are at 4 or 3 and 0, it makes it unplayable.

Any idea how to solve this problem ?

Bye,
  Skybuck.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Can't move units, time units really low.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 05:51:03 pm »
Don't overburden your soldiers.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 08:41:20 pm »
Maybe it's the incompatibility of multimod with the "new battle" mode. When trying to run a single battle, many generated soldiers get strange statistics, with parameters equal to one. The developer of the mod could not find the reason for this behavior.
Yes i was trying to fix the problem of the weird stats on single battles, but i was not able to found the problem. I think that i need to declare all stats for all soldier classes.
Therefore, it is better to play multimod as a normal game, without using the "new battle".

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 09:09:11 pm »
The problem is that new game battles use soldier types that you transform into during normal play. Those soldier types have no min/max values for TU, stamina, etc, so they end up with a value 0 + some small random value.
Recruited normal soldiers have valid value ranges, so it doesn't matter for the campaign.
See here for more details.

Offline N7Kopper

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 07:28:10 pm »
The problem is that new game battles use soldier types that you transform into during normal play. Those soldier types have no min/max values for TU, stamina, etc, so they end up with a value 0 + some small random value.
Recruited normal soldiers have valid value ranges, so it doesn't matter for the campaign.
See here for more details.
If all else fails, you can edit your New Battle squad by manually modifying the YAML file to give them actually workable stats.