Author Topic: Broken translation (UNEXCOM)  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Broken translation (UNEXCOM)
« on: April 24, 2022, 07:45:10 pm »
I started playing the unexcom mod. The mod itself has a translation into Russian. But the vanilla things, research and the interface remained in English. Can you tell me how to russify everything? As far as I understand I got so that the vanilla game in English while the mod itself in Russian

Offline N7Kopper

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Broken translation (UNEXCOM)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 07:49:13 pm »
I started playing the unexcom mod. The mod itself has a translation into Russian. But the vanilla things, research and the interface remained in English. Can you tell me how to russify everything? As far as I understand I got so that the vanilla game in English while the mod itself in Russian
If there's no Russian language option in OXCE's settings, someone will have to make a Russian script for vanilla content. Anyone who understands both English and Russian could do that. (There should be; otherwise the mod is putting Russian text in the English language notations. It's not difficult to mod language strings into OXCE or regular OXC.)

If this mod is only in Russian, it's likely that you have your language set to English, and it's the mod that's falling back to Russian because it has no British or American English to default to.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 07:52:21 pm »
OXCE contains 100% complete Russian translation of its strings.

If there is something missing, then it is either missing mod translation or something wrong in the settings.

Screenshots and a save would help clarify...

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 08:39:07 pm »
Research mods (new) translated
Vanilla research in English

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 08:42:03 pm »
A save please.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 08:44:54 pm »
I think I figured it out.
The mod uses some vanilla research and items but they are not translated in the mod itself. At the same time, these studies and items are translated in OXCE
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 08:49:05 pm by Bonakva »