Author Topic: [TFTD] Shooting animation glitch (OXC and OXCE)  (Read 2473 times)

Offline NastyKhan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[TFTD] Shooting animation glitch (OXC and OXCE)
« on: June 14, 2021, 11:13:24 pm »
Hey,

I just noticed something and wanted to ask do you have the same.

When my soldiers in TFTD shoot weapon, no animation is played. I'm talking about that one-frame change of pose, that hand-lift. It just looks weird.

If you look at the screenshots compilation you can see that in XCOM1 it works fine, it only happens in TFTD.
It also looks ok on vanilla TFTD as you can see on the other screenshots.

I'm using fresh installment of OXCE v 7.0 (2021-3-13), core files from GOG release and no mods.

My question is - do you have the same?

Best regards

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] Shooting animation glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 05:18:28 pm »
My question is - do you have the same?

I just tested it in OXCE 7.0 and I'm also not seeing the two handed weapon arm firing animation where the soldier raises one arm.

... however, when I look at the TFTD sprite sheets I don't actually see that 8 frame arm animation set.

I've attached two unit sprite sheets to this post and highlighted the 8 frames that UFO: Enemy Unknown / X-COM: UFO Defense uses for the two handed firing animation, unless I'm mistaken TFTD just doesn't have the animation.

Spoiler:

Offline NastyKhan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 10:04:22 pm »
Thanks for checking,

Well, the last two screenshots on my earlier post (named "vanilla.png") come from GOG version of the game, which is DosBox'ed MS-DOS release. The animation is present there. So I assume that's OpenXcom glitch after all?

I mean I could make missing frames myself, but with no knowledge how to animate or test it, there isn't much I can do.

Best regards

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 07:10:35 am »
I mean I could make missing frames myself, but with no knowledge how to animate or test it, there isn't much I can do.

I'll see what I can do via modding:
Firing Animation for TFTD
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 02:36:32 pm by The Martian »