Author Topic: Prices inflation instead of general time pressure  (Read 2786 times)

Offline dftruf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Prices inflation instead of general time pressure
« on: March 27, 2022, 10:23:24 am »
Hello.
I'm thinking about some modification to this mod. As in the subject.
When I say "inflation" I mean that all prices for all stuff increases about 10% per year. And prices for selling goods are much lower than prices for buying
When I say removing "time pressure" I mean removing scripted mission appearing difficulty curve. Player just buy information in the market about potential events on the globe, and just wait some random time for specific mission appear.
For example I buy information about "Bandits" mission and wait from few hours to 365 days to appear on the globe. More difficult and rewarding mission requires more expensive information (but they are available after researching required stuff as in the original research tree). More information I buy then more missions marks I get on the globe.
In this mod of the mod governments don't pay funds for the player monthly.

Which files I should modify to do these modifications?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: Prices inflation instead of general time pressure
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 10:40:46 am »
I see no way to do this. Prices are constant, writed in "items.rul" file.

Offline dftruf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 11:01:00 am »
I see no way to do this. Prices are constant, writed in "items.rul" file.

So I should modify the engine.

But what about the second part of this idea? (About buying information about missions, without general time pressure)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 01:06:17 pm »
I don't like the idea about inflation, since the game isn't balanced to be an economy simulator.

But I like the idea about "buying" missions. For instance, you buy an item that costs $1M and then next month an event consumes this item and spawns a mission. Oh wait, events can't consume items. Hmm.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 01:08:50 pm by Delian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 06:26:10 pm »
Go ahead with your science project, but you want to make a completely different game, not XPZ or OpenXcom. Just I'm not sure of the logic of "removing time pressure by adding even harder time pressure". I don't think game fun factor can be improved by a simple machine solution like this, all my experience points opposite.

Offline dftruf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 12:54:00 am »
Go ahead with your science project, but you want to make a completely different game, not XPZ or OpenXcom. Just I'm not sure of the logic of "removing time pressure by adding even harder time pressure". I don't think game fun factor can be improved by a simple machine solution like this, all my experience points opposite.

I understand You. But I also understand the difference between scripted based time pressure and inflation based time pressure (open world like sandboxes). And I think that the second type is a lot more playable in long term experiences.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 07:17:13 pm »
Seems like adequate solution for some sort of free to pay mobile MMO but not for XPiratez I would say.

By the mod lore you emerge and start to undermine the law and order on empire provincial planet. It's a matter of time then your activity will draw an attention and get appropriate response so this story has a start and has a final. I would rather presume enemy measures severity should increase as your infamy rating but this might be already implemented.

Offline dftruf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 10:17:02 am »
Seems like adequate solution for some sort of free to pay mobile MMO but not for XPiratez I would say.

By the mod lore you emerge and start to undermine the law and order on empire provincial planet. It's a matter of time then your activity will draw an attention and get appropriate response so this story has a start and has a final. I would rather presume enemy measures severity should increase as your infamy rating but this might be already implemented.

MMO can be scripted too, similar to XPiratez. But it's not what I'm trying to move in this topic.

I think that provincial planet should provide some option to balance between attracting attention and consciously staying  away from activities which can attract tough enemies. The player should decide himself which way he prefer - quick and risky or long and safer (or something in the middle). Scripted story line should be just one of an option of playing. But it's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 10:21:07 am by dftruf »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 10:54:46 am »
Yeah, that's already a thing. *Eurosyndicate deal* and *mutant Alliance* and *Stop targetting civilian traffic* is what you're already looking at.