Author Topic: From the Ashes - initial release!  (Read 21629 times)

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes - initial release!
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2023, 07:14:46 pm »
I'm not dead! =)
Sorry for such a huge gap, the work on the next release took me a long time. It will be huge with much more changes than the first one. Engine is almost ready, so I am making the content right now.
While you are waiting, here is a short video with a demo of one of the many new features:
https://youtu.be/7w18DqvTXwA

Offline Blazen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2023, 05:16:04 pm »
That looks like a neat feature and little mini-game. Looking forward to the release.  :D

Offline varajo411

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2023, 10:02:34 am »
looks promising

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2023, 05:32:37 pm »
Thank you, Finnik.
A great initiative. I have just learned about it and certainly like to try it out. Would you mind to create more comprehensive game guide somewhere in README?
You are the one with ultimate knowledge - don't be shy to share it!
😀

I mean a few more words on how game is and how it is played, what player can do, new options, etc.
Like expanding "The game has an alternative start" point into whole section. So people like me could have at least a generic understanding what they are dealing with.

Unless, of course, you embed a whole comprehensive guide into the game itself.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2024, 12:32:33 pm »
Thank you, Finnik.
A great initiative. I have just learned about it and certainly like to try it out. Would you mind to create more comprehensive game guide somewhere in README?
You are the one with ultimate knowledge - don't be shy to share it!
😀

I mean a few more words on how game is and how it is played, what player can do, new options, etc.
Like expanding "The game has an alternative start" point into whole section. So people like me could have at least a generic understanding what they are dealing with.

Unless, of course, you embed a whole comprehensive guide into the game itself.

Well, I dont feel like creating a game guide other than making an original game-like manual book with boxed game version as an ultimate patreon reward or something like that. As for more common style of internet player guide, I would rather let the players themselves create such a content.
However, I do make a complete developer guide for the engine, so people can use it for content creation.
I think it would be much better to make a video preview with new features.
I also feel like at some point I would like to make an in-game tutorial, as when new people try my game, they are lost with tons of controls in battlescape. I think the tutorial from the original Master of Orion would fit it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 01:18:03 pm by Finnik »

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2024, 08:58:27 pm »
Finally, engine for Alpha 2 release considered as done, with feature freeze (only bug fixing), so a few mission and polishing with mod part left before the next huge release!

Dev streams and testing new version on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/finnik723studio

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2024, 10:30:58 pm »
Finally, engine for Alpha 2 release considered as done, with feature freeze (only bug fixing), so a few mission and polishing with mod part left before the next huge release!

Dev streams and testing new version on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/finnik723studio

Ух ты, на русском! Обалдеть. Допили это пожалуйста, шакарная штука должна получиться.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2024, 03:34:53 pm »
Kinda random question, but I wonder where this unit is from, and especially if it also has a Battlescape sprite? It's not an FtA exclusive, or is it?

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2024, 02:47:44 pm »
It is exclusive, made by professional artist. If anything, it is not distributed under CC license, as all other art I paid for.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2024, 06:49:43 pm »
Ah, pity. I guess the art never progressed to Battlescape sprite stage, since it's several years old now?

I was kinda looking at it for personal use, but if it's incomplete (freely licenced or not), I guess no use asking further.

Come to think of it, I don't see these 'resistance' assets in the license list. Am I just blind, or is the list incomplete?

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2024, 11:44:55 am »
It might be incomplete, I'll check it, thank you.

As for completing - yeah, it's a problem, since artist disappeared without completing the full asset =(
I will have to finish it somehow...