Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Suggestions
« on: September 15, 2022, 08:30:34 pm »
At this point I very welcome any suggestion from the community. Please, feel free to share your ideas here.

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 12:32:40 pm »
Hello. It's mostly  not a valid suggestion, rather just thoughts, really.

So, I'm looking forward to play the mod since its release. But the problem is : I'm playing on mobile, so I need Android support.

And the second problem: the other major mods - it takes months to finish such for me. So, I am planning to try your mod after finishing the current XCFiles. But it looks like it takes forever for me to finish it(I am not sure if I am winning at this point, really). I believe there are lot of people here, who has the same situation. So, maybe please make your mod shorter if possible.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 08:08:55 pm »
Hello. It's mostly  not a valid suggestion, rather just thoughts, really.

So, I'm looking forward to play the mod since its release. But the problem is : I'm playing on mobile, so I need Android support.

And the second problem: the other major mods - it takes months to finish such for me. So, I am planning to try your mod after finishing the current XCFiles. But it looks like it takes forever for me to finish it(I am not sure if I am winning at this point, really). I believe there are lot of people here, who has the same situation. So, maybe please make your mod shorter if possible.

Well, sorry, I don't feel to support android and iOS versions of the engine - it is a very new thing to me, AFAIK Meridian has to deal some special code for them to be a thing regarding SDL. I don't touch render parts with my changes, so I will need to spend a lot of time to understand how things works, and also spend a lot of time to test if it is working as I want (taking into account of how many changes I've done or planning to do). That would hurt development speed of the content for the game.
So either someone would commit himself/herself as a long term support of the mobile FtA version, or it would be on my table after the project would be complete on PC, sorry.

Offline varajo411

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 12:05:06 pm »
I wonder when the next version of "from the Ashes" will be released not to mention I can not find the mod in modio any longer

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 01:12:58 pm »
It is quite big and hard to test as a whole, but I hope it will come out soon (tm).
And it is on mod.io - https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/from-the-ashes