Author Topic: [FIXED] OXCE v7.6 for IOS crash  (Read 1665 times)

Offline dresser

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[FIXED] OXCE v7.6 for IOS crash
« on: August 01, 2022, 12:20:40 pm »
> Key Preview .Crash occurs immediately after pressing the OK button shown in the picture. The log file is attached.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 10:04:07 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
I think I know what it is.
I'll upload a possible fix later today.

Offline dresser

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Thanks !!! I hope everything works out for you

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Here's a potential fix: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/be472122e6872c51e221ce8b856dac5ef8219aa2

Can you try to cherry-pick into your build and test?

Offline dresser

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I edited the code in the file NextTurnState.cpp according to the link you provided, the game didn't close when my phone was connected to Xcode, it just hung in the same place where the OK button was. After restarting, without connecting the phone to Xcode, crashes and freezes disappeared - the game continues to work as good. Unfortunately, when I first started, I didn't think to include error logging in the log. 
   There is one more nuance - it lies in the fact that the game running in the Xcode emulator does not perceive my physical and on-screen keyboard, so it is impossible to write the name of the base when creating it and test the game further, is there any way to fix this? I always have to download it to my phone, but my free developer certificate has critical limitations.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 07:30:45 pm by dresser »