Author Topic: [WIP]When a unit kills an alien it might as well stop firing even if auto firing  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Skybuck

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(I consider this so important, it just not be a mod, but directly implemented into the game, at the very least as an option)
(Maybe I do it myself, directly in game code, but in case somebody wants to try and make a mod for it, be my guest ! ;) =D)

How about it ?

Especially for the mini guns, this would be usefull, though it would be funny if the minigun keeps blasting but come on, after a while that might get annoying, maybe implement a mouse click so the user can cancel the firing to give it a more realistic feel, like you have to cancel the minigun yourself ! LOL. Yes this my surprise some noobs, like WTF ?! Why is my minigun still firing ?! LOL.

It's kinda a waste of time to continue firing and it's a waste of ammo.

Surely there is a button on the gun to stop auto-firing for safety reasons.

Yes ok, the original game had blablabla, but let's make it better. And yes accidents might happen because of it, like shooting somebody else that was behind the alien in the face ! But let's not make the game unnecessary frustrating game.

Because that is what firaxis did with eu xcom and it was a major success. So some slight changes to this game, will just make it better.

At the very least this can be put in as an OPTION.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
>Surely there is a button on the gun to stop auto-firing for safety reasons.

Dragging real-world logic into this actually contradicts your argument - firing rates of typical miniguns are up in the thousandths of RPM. Before you even have a chance to register that your target went down you'll have gone through tens of rounds. Same hold through for burst fire weapons.

On top of that OXCE enables automatic weapons to fire between two or more waypoints, not to mention that miniguns etc. are usually aimed at more than one guy i.e. a group of enemies. This would also impact weapon balancing as far as ammunition consumption is concerned.

>Yes ok, the original game had blablabla, but let's make it better.
How about not making it worse using faulty logic for a start?

>Because that is what firaxis did with eu xcom and it was a major success.
Then maybe play the new dumned-down X-COM instead, hm?

>At the very least this can be put in as an OPTION.
Honestly don't see the point, especially not why you're marking this as "WIP" when you're apaprently more interested in other people implementing this.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
It may make sense in some sort of smart weapon that can register that the target is down, otherwise it doesn't. Auto fire in game is what burst fire would be in real life and there simply isn't that much time between shots to register whether you hit or not.

If you are annoyed at the long time you need to wait for the bullets to zap around, you can increase their speed in the options.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
No. Sometimes I autofire at random spots for various reasons (suspected enemy cluster, destruction of cover, waypoint firing).

Do not assume that everything you want to implement is 'better'.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
There is already a (simple) way to set autoshot to fire one shot at a time, so it basically becomes a faster snap shot.
Then you have full control over your burst and you can stop firing whenever you want.
Code: [Select]
autoShots: 1  # how many auto shots does this weapon fire. default = 3It's is one of the easiest mod you can do.
There is no need for any option.