Author Topic: Possible for craft to continue after completing a mission to another?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline mutantlord

• Captain
    • View Profile
Hi, I want to ask is it possible for a craft to continue onto another mission after you complete of a short mission, instead of it automatically return to base?

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: Possible for craft to continue after completing a mission to another?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 02:44:19 am »
I dont believe so. There might be a mod that allows it but I'm not sure of that either. I think it's called "Way points".

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 08:52:25 am »
If you need such hardcore, then make all the missions in 2-3 levels.

Offline mutantlord

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 09:08:24 am »
No, I need this for a different reason.  Like you retreat from a UFO mission and then do another one close by.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 11:27:44 am »
This question has already been asked more than once, there were suggestions that we could send transports to the second mission at once. But the proposal was rejected. As far as I remember, for technical reasons. All soldiers after the mission are considered already in the base, all the wounded are being treated, all stocks on board the transport (weapons, ammunition, and so on) are replenished. That is, on the second mission, the transport would fly in as if it had flown into the base before, leaving the wounded there and gathering new supplies, which looks strange. Well, at the same time this restriction is taken from the original game and they decided not to cancel it.
P.S. Simple mods do not achieve this effect. You need to change the OpenXcom.

Offline Nirran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 09:35:30 pm »
Hi, I want to ask is it possible for a craft to continue onto another mission after you complete of a short mission, instead of it automatically return to base?

it is allowed with Lightning craft but not Skyranger,i assume it is because Lighting has weapons