Author Topic: Battlescape: Multiple grenade explosions  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Fenyő

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Battlescape: Multiple grenade explosions
« on: March 02, 2013, 03:15:04 pm »
They have the same timer set, but only the first explodes, the second grenade is eliminated by the first explosion. (item removed)
(actually i used High Explosives)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: Battlescape: Multiple grenades do not explode
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 03:56:08 pm »
isn't this actually the same as in the original game? objects on the ground are destroyed if the damage level is exceeded - grenades too. before they have a chance to explode, in this case.

so maybe the underlying mechanics need to be changed: explosive objects, when destroyed by explosions, need to explode instead of being removed. that's a game change, though, so maybe it should be switchable through options...?

Offline Fenyő

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »
Yeah, maybe it should optional.
But when they explode at the same time, they should explode both.

Offline LCSand

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »
Yea high explosive triggered by a proxy mine FTW.  ;D

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 08:37:12 pm »
explosion daisy chains  ;D ... for that matter, why are there no incendiary grenades? "I fell into a burning ring of fire..."

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 11:29:11 pm »
battleCascadeExplosions. ^_^

Will that mean that rockets and blaster bomb ammunition also explode in explosions?

Offline LCSand

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 02:28:13 pm »
And will explosions make ammo explode that is still carried around? Is there a chance that other weapons can trigger such an explosion too?
Imagine you getting hell from this alien armed with this new smart rocket thingy with the huge explosions. Of course you WANT that weapon. So you go and shoot it and suddenly the whole thing explodes. Must be a self destruct device so you will NEVER get that weapon.  ;D

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 10:57:53 am »
And will explosions make ammo explode that is still carried around? Is there a chance that other weapons can trigger such an explosion too?
Imagine you getting hell from this alien armed with this new smart rocket thingy with the huge explosions. Of course you WANT that weapon. So you go and shoot it and suddenly the whole thing explodes. Must be a self destruct device so you will NEVER get that weapon.  ;D

I think we should draw the line at carried ammo. Let it just drop after the explosion is calculated if the soldier carrying it dies, then it can be exploded by a grenade next turn if useful. We'll assume some sort of flame-proof backpack that has similar durability to the soldier themselves.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 11:00:45 am »
that sounds reasonable, especially since it would be overly complicated to explode ammo in the inventory, as it is technically not in the battlescape. once it is dropped, it becomes an item, so it would then be able to explode like any other explosive.

so, any coder interested in adding this?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »
well, i need to address the "chain reaction" explosions already, as there's something going fairly wrong there. i guess while i'm at it i could look at adding this.