aliens

Author Topic: Does anyone know how to disable missiles?  (Read 2321 times)

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Does anyone know how to disable missiles?
« on: February 07, 2022, 04:37:26 am »
I'm curious about how to mod the mod to make missiles either destroyable by craft or remove them entirely. Does anyone know which rulesets to modify for that and what to do?

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know how to disable missiles?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 08:07:08 am »
In factions.rul

Jack sparrow:

Cntrl-f AuroraGamesStart and AuroraGames, change both executionOdds to 0.

late game: technocracyFirstStrike and technocracyStrike change both executionOdds to 0.

Alternatively, to allow shooting them down, change STR_VESSEL_MISSILES_1 anf STR_VESSEL_MISSILES_3 (lower speedMax probably)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 08:12:16 am by Greep »

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 08:42:20 am »
Tuning the mission chance to zero might make it impossible for Technocracy HKs to spawn and stonewall yourself out of a story arc, but I could be wrong there. Changing the speed of the missiles as stated would work.

Vanilla in game methods include a SAM site or three and a Predator with thrusters slapped on.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 09:49:59 am »
I remember in the past slowing them down to zero speed did make them stop, but my interceptors couldn't actually attack them. They'd go into the battle menu, nothing would happen, then they'd just head back towards base.

So this left red dots all over the map from all the missiles piling up over the months.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 10:12:39 am »
Maybe theres just something wrong with being exactly 0 speed :/  <100 is slow enough that a radar should pick em up before they hit.

You can always reset the execution odds up higher once you've got missile defense up.  5 SAMS/lasers - 1/2 a sam per luxury barracks is good enough.

You could also just mod your base defense facility of your choice to have 1000 attack and 100% hit ratio and just build one in every base.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 02:14:46 pm »
I imagine missiles don't have a crash site since there designed to never crash. So yeah expect weirdness with the reach 0 speed.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 05:20:28 pm »
Do missiles scale with time/difficulty?

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 08:56:52 pm »
Difficulty:  Only on jack sparrow, they come way before you're equipped to deal with them.  You can either shell out 5 million per base in grossly inefficient OC radars or just ride out hell until you have more cost efficient base defense.

With time:  your first strike is always a weak, next ones are all the same strength.