Modding > Work In Progress

[WIP] Xeno Operations LEGACY

(1/19) > >>

blackwolf:
New update 0.97.06 uploaded now (Feb-12th-2024)!
Check the bottom of this post for the file, and the last page for the updated changelog

Many of you may already be aware that the original mod of XENO Operations, has been semi-retired, and his creator XOPS is dedicating a significant amount of time to his youtube channel (which I highly recommend following, as it features excellent content).

As of now, Meridian is the sole individual working on updates to ensure compatibility with the latest OXCE updates. This means that while the mod isn't completely dormant, it owes a tremendous debt of gratitude to him for keeping it alive and kicking.

Initially, this project began as a personal endeavor, involving minor tweaks and adjustments for my own use. Over time, I found myself adding more and more features, steadily increasing its size and scope. Eventually, I decided to share it with the community in the hopes that you might find it enjoyable.

The mod is currently compatible with OXCE version 7.9.11, and it's essential to use this specific version to prevent any potential issues or crashes. I want to extend another big thank you to Meridian for his incredible work on OXCE, which serves as the foundation for many features in this mod.

XENO Operations incorporates content created by other talented members of this forum, with notable contributions from efrenespartano and solarius scorch, among many others (I'm actively working to ensure proper credit is given where it's due).

Balancing remains a work in progress, especially since the mod is still somewhat barebones. However, I plan to continue making improvements whenever possible. Your feedback, especially regarding balancing, is highly appreciated. I made some adjustments in the early game, but I'm well aware that there's a lot more work to be done. Please excuse any missing text in the ufopaedia; English is not my primary language, and my grammar isn't perfect, to be honest.

My intention is to honor the hard work put in by XOps in the original mod and to see where I can take it by incorporating additional elements. Initially, I had considered posting this in the original thread, but due to certain reasons, that didn't work out. However, this might actually be a better approach, as it's viewed as a derivative or an "overhaul" of the original mod, allowing both versions to coexist separately.

Currently, there are plans to continue adding and enhancing content, primarily focusing on new paper dolls and soldier sprites, though this may take some time. I'll do my best to keep this mod updated as frequently as possible.

Installation:

**To properly run the mod, you'll need an OXCE installation (currently version 7.8.7 at the time of finishing this post).
** BRUTAL AI MOD by Xilmi is highly recommended, and at this point, I consider it a must-have. I encourage you to check it out.

- Download the file from the site XOPS LEGACY by Blackwolf in MOD.io Portal or the file attached (the difference in size is irrelevant, its the same , just that i found a way to better compress it and evade the size limitation in the forum)
- Unzip and Drop the content inside your MOD folder.
- When updating from previous versions of the mod, it's recommended to delete the old folder completely (rather than simply overwriting it) and use the newer version, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED (for hotfixes and patches).

Main Features from the Original Mod and LEGACY Version:

* New weapons with unique spritework, categorized into seven tiers.
* Improved artwork and a redone UI both in geoscape,base management and battle escape, almost every screen has been changed.
* Improved ammo compatibility between weapons and tiers.
* New armors with different appearances, balances, niches, and pocket configurations.
* A layered paperdoll system, increasing the number of unique soldier appearances from 8 to 110.
* New base buildings and revamped the original.
* New XCOM fighter and transport planes including a new custom made starting plane.
* New Alien units and UFO sprites and artwork.
* Entirely revamped Xcom base facilities artwork, using improved tiles and assets.
* New supporting units, including a variety of drones and tanks.
* Dog units (currently featuring 4 different breeds).
* New soldier types and revamped soldier nationalities, featuring 115 unique flags and name files, with approximately 500 names per gender and 1000 surnames. Every soldier should now be unique.
* New ufopedia articles and lore.
* Unique campaign with distinct lore, alien motivation, and CODEX mechanics to achieve victory.
* Tons of new features from OXCE.

Solarius Scorch:
I really appreciate your effort. No idea what you're going to do with the mod, but I wish you best luck!

blackwolf:

--- Quote from: Solarius Scorch on December 11, 2021, 02:51:50 pm ---I really appreciate your effort. No idea what you're going to do with the mod, but I wish you best luck!

--- End quote ---

Thanks, really appreciate coming from you, To be honest, i want to keep the mod updated to the current OXCE version, and try to spice up adding new content but keeping it on the lines of the original work XOPS did, and fix some exploits and balance issues left on the original version. At least thats the plan tho

efrenespartano:
I wish you the best of luck on your new project, mi amigo! Any question, feel free to ask. :D

Scamps:
Thank you for your work, Blackwolf! Streamlining amo seems the right way to go. Less micro is always good.

Would you kindly look into a crash on starting terror mission? It could be from original mod, or not.

Also, happy New Year!

[edit] correct log

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version