aliens

Author Topic: XCOM games on Android - guide how to install  (Read 5780 times)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
XCOM games on Android - guide how to install
« on: November 27, 2021, 05:12:30 am »
i would like try the XCF and XPiratez on Android (Asus Phone 5 RoG, Android.12),

how i should exactly install them ? (yap, i alrdy downloaded OXCE+, version for Andr.ä

Do i still need the orig.copy of XCom UFO-Defense, 1993 as original, primary game ?

..and where, and how it all of them to "arrange" in phone, - what these ´parts´,

1.  OXCE+ for Android
2.  XCF,  /  X-Piratez
3.  original UFO-Enemy Unknow Defense

which pack goes to which folder, in Android smarphone itself ?  how to arrange them ?

« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 06:10:55 am by RolandVasko »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM games on Android - guide how to install
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 09:41:05 am »
Howdy!

Android player here.  ;D

First things first, forget about the "+" thing. OXCE has been just OXCE since a couple of years now.

You need your original UFO data, unzipped. Create a folder on your memory root using your favorite file manager, name this folder openxcom. You need to get the OXCE apk, found here. Run said apk, remember to have the "Allow Installation from Unknown Sources" option enabled. Then, if the apk didn't made it, create a mods folder by yourself. Drop the latest XCF build, either zipped or unzipped (But just pick one! if you have both zipped and unzipped mods you will mess up your game!) and run the program icon on your Android menu.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 07:09:27 am »
^^ excellent,  so XCF play alrdy

yet now im try to make run xPiratez - can i run them both, from 1 "basic game",  or do i need install them separately ? (make 2 copy of original UFO-Defense)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:07:45 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 05:56:43 pm »
thx for advice,

XCF alrdy installed succesfully, - but the controlling, commanding the gals on touch (small) screen controls is quite MUCH hard..   ???