aliens

Author Topic: Etheral knight does not appear in main Luna base  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Ossa

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Etheral knight does not appear in main Luna base
« on: January 09, 2022, 01:55:52 pm »
First: Thanks for creating this mod. Truly, if you had a button for donations I'd feel the urge to contribute something for all the fun I had in the last hundred hours.

The original UFO:Xcom (and later tftd) were among my most cherished childhood gaming moments, and though I've played xenonauts I couldnt get anyhting from the newer UFO titles. Someday I stumbled upon this gem... and it's a childhood wish come true. Experience it all over again, only with better UI, more comfort, and so much more content... this is wonderful. Thank you. I need to change my pants now. EDIT: Found the link to the patreon.

THough - I do have a problem on my impossible run, which went very well so far - I've got more than 1 billion in cash, though only half of the countries contribute anything anymore. With impossible the amount of loot to sell is staggering, and your agents raise up to 160+ acurracy;)

I cant get past the main lunar base mission. I'm bound to capture an etheral knight - but he does not appear. I've smashed through 4 main lunar base missions now, killed every walker, captured every living etheral - but I only find speakers, soldiers and sentinels. No knights.

Am I missing something there?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 02:02:54 pm by Ossa »

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Etheral knight does not appear in main Luna base
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 08:37:21 pm »
I don't know the answer, didn't get to that point of the game myself. However, wiki says that Ethereal Knight should be deployed not only on the Moon. Maybe you try Striker UFOs?

By the way, what is your max UFO number now? And what is the date in game? I'm impressed with 1 billion of cash and 160+ accuracy :-)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 05:56:32 pm »
Hello, and many thanks for this exceedingly nice review!
As for the issue, I understand that you mean the Alien Lunar Colony: Main mission. I checked the rulesets, did some tests, and found nothing wrong. The Ethereal Knight spawns just fine:

Are you sure you haven't overlooked him? If yes, then please send me a save from the beginning of this mission.

Offline Ossa

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 11:21:52 pm »
Yes, found one eventually on my 6th moon mission. I must have killed a few grey ones without noticing, and always wiping the knight among them:/

UFO count is something like 12xx I believe. Date is October 2002, total income is 86M$. All bases fully developed, and I'm doing lots of roleplaying stuff - keeping a base just for training a reserve force of 30 agents while my main base has 40+ agents deploying in one avenger and the kitsune.

I guess I'll finish this run on 2.1 and try again in one year with 2.3 ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 01:16:28 pm »
Glad it's working! And good luck with the final steps.

But I hope that a year from now, the number will be at least 3.0 ;)