aliens

Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.4  (Read 96251 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.4
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2024, 06:21:50 pm »
Started test-play, found some weak points. Will redone some research in early game.
Another idea I believe I possibly mentioned before but I would love to see xcom reloadabe wands guns
No. It is intended.

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 16, 2024, 08:46:49 am »
nice and alright. apart from these two points I brought up the mod is a hidden gem and a must play for any openxcom fan. I am considering to try my self make a submod so that the research projects are 50% shorter than they are currently now. I have no experience whne it comes to modding but I believe I can atleast pull this off.

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2024, 10:04:07 pm »
The new ritual missions  looks great ..
Still I would prefer to see more of them in the early phase of game due to absence of civilians .
In my opinion, with bad roll you are unable to save at least half civilians in early terrors or monsters hunt . Then you get negative score and less funding, that is crucial in the beginning.

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2024, 06:12:22 pm »
I finished my submod basically reducing majority of the research down to 50%, now for fomality sake I would like to get permission to upload it here Nord.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2024, 11:03:56 am »
I finished my submod basically reducing majority of the research down to 50%, now for fomality sake I would like to get permission to upload it here Nord.
If you want.
But using mod.io will be better.

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2024, 11:20:15 pm »
yeah, good idea, I did not think of it

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2024, 09:20:33 pm »
I noticed in my playthrough that psion agent enemy that I captured in a spy mission did not offer a ufopedia article about them, atleast I unlocked the research of "activites of special services and psionic"

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2024, 05:05:49 pm »
I found a bug I believe in the damage calulation with the stats of the soldiers, I have two battlemages, one with psi strenght of 70(gone through the first exam) For some reason he has higher damage output of 80 damage using the "metal staff of mage" than a soldier that has 75 psi and does mere 64 damage. How does that make sense? Both have the same max psi skill of 80 since they use psion suit. The second mage does simply less damage despite having higher psi strenght.

I edited the savefile and increased the psi strenght of the first mage from 70 to 75 psi strenght and suddenly when loading up the save his damage output was nerfed down to 64 too. I do not know if it is wepaon specific but this phenomenon happens also when using arcane glove. I pressed alt to see the damage values of the weapon when hoving the mouse over them in the inventory/equip screen.

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2024, 05:11:18 pm »
Oh wow, just for fun I tried to see the damage values of a max stat psion that has yet to focus on a magic class yet. he has max psi strenght of 30 and psi skill 35 with 45 mana (using psion suit) he have a damage output of 104 compared to 80 damage from a psi strenght 70 mage.

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2024, 05:14:26 pm »
hmm, I decided to read the ufopedia article and suddenly all of this makes sense, it says the higher mage power(psi strenght) it will reduce the efficency of the weapon. Still I find it strange, why did you add this nerf to the weapon?

Offline quantumripple

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 28, 2024, 08:12:03 am »
wondering if I'm doing something wrong. It's like May 2021 and I'm still only getting terror, strange creature, and ritual missions on a loop. I did manage to get a shielded lab built but it only unlocked a few wands that I can't even really use because they're disposable and I don't have the tech to build/buy more. The only outlier mission I got was attacking a landed pirate ship but after that nothing.

I've managed to get basically all the possible interrogation research from people I've captured too.

Just wondering what I have to do to get different missions since the grind is kind of wearing on me.

edit: nevermind right after I commented this I managed to get a rift spawn in and I poked through the tech tree after that, lots of nice goodies
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 08:43:31 am by quantumripple »

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 28, 2024, 12:06:33 pm »
I just unlocked sigils and it feels great. It does not have the nerf of weapon damage like the staff and scepters have which is great. the only downside is slightly more mana consumption for each cast spell and that it takes more tu to shoot.

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2024, 08:27:16 am »
I unlocked spiritist/spiritualist as specialization but I can not figure out how to make them summon units, I tried runnin oxce 9.7.7 but the mod says it need oxce 9.12 or higher to be enabeled. so this needs a fix I suppose. for the record I am mainly playing on brutal OXCE.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 08:29:35 am by varajo411 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2024, 10:21:29 am »
I unlocked spiritist/spiritualist as specialization but I can not figure out how to make them summon units, I tried runnin oxce 9.7.7 but the mod says it need oxce 9.12 or higher to be enabeled. so this needs a fix I suppose. for the record I am mainly playing on brutal OXCE.
Not sure about brutal compatibility.
For summoning items you can search techtree for "totem"

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 30, 2024, 10:25:05 am »
highest oxce version is currently 7.13, tomorrow 7.14 is released

versions 9.7.7 and 9.12 don't exist