Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.4  (Read 96250 times)

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.3
« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2024, 05:31:54 pm »
Just noticed that corpse of tentaculat lacks proper name - when you check one in tactical part of game it just says STR_TENTACULAT_CORPSE. Temple of death retaliation mission lacks name as well, currently it just displays STR_DEATH_RETALIATION_MISSION.

Another small typo found : All Grimoars are called Grimuars, which should be fixed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 07:30:07 pm by coorta88 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2024, 10:10:51 pm »
Thanks for your feedbacks. It is really helpful.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2024, 11:06:33 pm »
Thanks for your feedbacks. It is really helpful.

Thanks :). Do you plan to add runic ammunition for all major X weapons (as we already have runic cannon present in game as plane weapon) which would be manufactured by engineers in workshop ?

And what about mana crystal infused rocket for your trusty :) rocket launcher ?

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2024, 11:09:40 pm »
Slightly modified two ending slices so that they are more understandable.

Warning for others !!. Do not look unless you have already finished mod.
Spoiler:
STR_INTOTHEDEPTH_3: "BUT THE CENTRAL CHAMBER IS EMPTY. PSI-RADIATION SLOWLY FADES. THE MASTER HAS LEFT. DIDN'T HE WISH TO MEET CERTAIN DEATH ? WAS HE SCARED OF US ? DID HE ALREADY FOUND WHAT HE WANT ? HAS HE DECIDED TO GIVE US A CHANCE ? WE WILL NEVER KNOW..."

STR_INTOTHEDEPTH_4: "THE NESTS ARE DISAPPEARING ONE BY ANOTHER, AND ALIENS WITH THEM. BUT ONCE OPENED, THE PORTALS REMAIN OPEN AND THE MAGIC CONTINUES TO FLOW INTO OUR WORLD. X-COM PSI-TECHNOLOGIES CHANGED THE WORLD, AND WHAT WILL BE NOW, THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY?"

Not sure what is causing it but sometimes nest creatures, that are visible on radar have absurd number as speed - for example 563 789 546. I´ve noticed this on two occasion and in both occasions nest creatures have landed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 11:34:22 pm by coorta88 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2024, 03:58:55 pm »
Not sure what is causing it but sometimes nest creatures, that are visible on radar have absurd number as speed - for example 563 789 546. I´ve noticed this on two occasion and in both occasions nest creatures have landed.
It is intended.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 09, 2024, 11:29:30 pm »
After finishing this mod (excellent one :) ) I think that I had major problems during initial part of game as no matter that I finished every possible mission on map (with score OK at least), that my base was located in cooperating country, I was still suffering from extremely low ammount of cash which prevented me from expanding my base in any meaningful way and caused research to take very long time (as I was unable for at least 1 year to afford one extra laboratory staffed with scientistcs) and made start of game feel after first 10 missions very tedious.

Anyway, do you plan to add some merpeople in game and maybe even missions under the sea where X-com agents would try to find and destroy villaged of merpeople which are starting to colonize ocean floor and attacking various shipping lanes ?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.4
« Reply #336 on: July 14, 2024, 08:12:28 pm »
Version 1.4 is up.
Changelog:
- Fixed some english strings;
- Added new early mission type: savage ritual;
- increased starting money;

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2024, 04:07:27 pm »
Thanks for your great work :). I will go again over english language text file and see if there is still anything that needs fixing.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 16, 2024, 11:05:28 pm »
So far I found this

Spoiler:
STR_ARTIFACT_STRONG_UFOPEDIA: "Unlike weak ones, this artifact radiates two orders of magnitude stronger. Scientists believe that it can be used as a power source. Besides, tests show unusual changes in the laboratory animals contacting such object."
Removed "to" from last sentence.

Spoiler:
STR_BEYOND_RIFT_ICE: "The ice world behind the Rift"
Changed ice to ice world (as original name was rather funny - outsider entities offering ice to random visitors :) )

Spoiler:
STR_BEYOND_RIFT_ROCK: "Rocks behind the Rift"
Honestly not sure how to rename this one - but something better is required - maybe Rocky plains beyond the Rift or Rocky wasteland behind the Rift.

Spoiler:
STR_DARK_TENTACLE_UFOPEDIA: "Summons a tentacle of living Darkness where the caster points. Ignores half of armor, demoralizes target. {NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}Mana: {ALT}20{ALT}. Moral: {ALT}5{ALT}"
Added word target to the last sentence so it is clear what is demoralized by spell.

Spoiler:
STR_DARK_TWISTER_UFOPEDIA: "A whirlwind of Darkness which demoralizes target. Especially effective against an armored target. {NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}Mana: {ALT}40{ALT}. Moral: {ALT}15{ALT}"
Slightly rewritten description for spell.

Spoiler:
STR_DESERT_EAGLE_CLIP: "Desert eagle clip"
Added missing e in word eagle.

Spoiler:
STR_DRONE_S_UFOPEDIA: "A military-grade quadrocopter used for reconnaissance and site survey. Unarmed.{NEWLINE}Night vision: {ALT}15{ALT}"
Replaced not armed with unarmed.

Spoiler:
STR_FIRE_INITIATE_UFOPEDIA: "Newcomers to the Temple of Flame must follow the path of a initiate. Spending time in household work, prayers and meditations, new converts are imbued with the ideology of the temple and prepare for initiation into priestesses. Only those who have the blessing of the Flame can become initiates (Fire Shield: {ALT}100{ALT})."
Replaced can get in last sentence with become.

Spoiler:
STR_FOOTMAN_UFOPEDIA: "The soldier of a feudal retinue recruited from peasants. It is trained in hand-to-hand fight and archery and supplied with a leather armor, slightly weaker than kevlar vest, and a standard protective amulet. (Shield of wind: 30)"
Replaced word modern word squad with better word retinue.

Spoiler:
STR_GM94_FLASH: "GM-94 flash grenades"
STR_GM94_HE: "GM-94 HE grenades"
STR_GM94_SMOKE: "GM-94 smoke grenades"

Changed word order in names of grenades to make much more sense.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 04:05:46 pm by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2024, 04:05:30 pm »
Few things that could be changed...

Spoiler:
STR_HEAVY_FOOTMAN_UFOPEDIA: "The strongest and skilled footmen receive heavier weapons and scale armor. The scales obviously belonged to some unknown animal. (Wind shield: {ALT}60{ALT})"

Added word unknown to second sentence so that it is clear that scales come from animal unknown to human biologists.

Spoiler:
STR_GRIMUAR_TORNADO_UFOPEDIA: "A magical book that describes a tornado spell. An experienced magician can cast the spell as instructed, spending {ALT}45 Mana{ALT} to summon rapid gusts of wind which can devastate a large area."

STR_GRIMUAR_FIRE_RAIN_UFOPEDIA: "A magical book that describes a rain of fire spell. An experienced mage can cast the spell as instructed by spending {ALT}40 Mana{ALT} and summon deadly rain of fire upon battlefield."

STR_GRIMUAR_GHOUL_UFOPEDIA: "A magical book that describes the summon ghoul spell. An experienced summoner can cast the spell as instructed by spending {ALT}50 Mana{ALT} to summon an advanced undead servant ready to do his bidding."

STR_GRIMUAR_STORM_UFOPEDIA: "A magical book that describes an electric storm spell. An experienced mage can cast the spell as instructed by spending {ALT}30 Mana{ALT} and bring forth massive storm, which can be deadly even to most dangerous enemies."

Slightly extended description of spells grimoars are supposed to allow its user to cast.

Spoiler:
STR_HQ_UFOPEDIA: "The working place for the command structures of our organisation. It is necessary prequisite for some advanced projects. Only one per base."
Minor tweaks to HQ description.

Spoiler:
STR_INSECTOID_AUTOPSY_UFOPEDIA: "The studied sample is not strictly speaking an insectoid. This distant relative of arthropods is as insect-like as humans are like theriodont. The sample has a functional heart, developed respiratory and circulatory systems. General biological basis allows this organism to function under the same conditions as Terrestrial organisms. Can be dangerous to terrestrial fauna if it is allowed to establish colonies in the wild due to its large requirements for nourishments."

Rewrote last sentence as it made no sense and added one extra sentence. Maybe add mission (if it is possible) to „smoke out“ colonies of insectoids which managed to get through portals and establish new colonies in the wild and are threatening nearby villages, farming comunities etc... Such mission (again if possible) would take place underground in cave system created by buglings.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 04:54:48 pm by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2024, 10:10:01 pm »
With Kaa serpents being much more dangerous, than their description in Ufopaedia would suggest I think that they deserve a slightly better description.

Spoiler:
STR_KAA_AUTOPSY_UFOPEDIA: "Above average large serpent similar to common rattlesnakes. While these alien snakes are as resistant to bullets as normal earth rattlesnake, it is their hypnotic gaze, that is true danger for even skilled agents."

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 28, 2024, 01:05:00 pm »
One thing to add from me - in this mod you have created one of the coolest fictional craft ever - Vulture in visage and in concept has almost no equal (Skull like aircraft piloted by evil spirit always eager for battle, you can hardly top it). You can maybe add extra negative event (if it is posible) for Vulture craft going out of control (it is after all plane piloted by evil spirit) and shooting down an civilian airplane for - 500 rating.

Another thing is that if player decides to either worhip light or dark should it not be possible to ultimately sue for peace with church which worhips light/dark (with other becoming more agressive as you are now considered of opposing religion) ?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 04:46:04 pm by coorta88 »

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2024, 08:38:44 pm »
I really enjoy the mod thus far despite progressing very slowly since I had to focus on expanding and build bases around the globe to increase my chances to get more funding so my research suffered a lot., I managed to build radars and shoot down the alien swarms. preventing them to build a nest/base on the globe.

the only downside is that since research is slow and things unlocks slowly and I already maxed the soldiers stats I am forced to plow though missions that makes it less rewarding and the game bogs down to a chore to deal with.

I suggest the making of a submod halving the research count on all projects so that people who want to play the game for the story and content that the mod has to offer.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2024, 10:36:22 pm »
I really enjoy the mod thus far despite progressing very slowly since I had to focus on expanding and build bases around the globe to increase my chances to get more funding so my research suffered a lot., I managed to build radars and shoot down the alien swarms. preventing them to build a nest/base on the globe.

the only downside is that since research is slow and things unlocks slowly and I already maxed the soldiers stats I am forced to plow though missions that makes it less rewarding and the game bogs down to a chore to deal with.

I suggest the making of a submod halving the research count on all projects so that people who want to play the game for the story and content that the mod has to offer.

I agree, the slowness of research can easily result in game becoming boring due to being forced to attend many missions with fully maxed soldiers, which gain nothing from them.

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2024, 12:20:35 pm »
Another idea I believe I possibly mentioned before but I would love to see xcom reloadabe wands guns