Author Topic: Ninjas attack Government mission help  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Ninjas attack Government mission help
« on: October 17, 2021, 03:00:50 am »
Hello
I need some advice with mission where ninja mobile base attacks government compound.
I'm at early/mid game; my best weapons are mortar, rpg and various machineguns. No plasma/rail gun.
Ninjas with space age -level weaponry and force fields are bad enough, but the mobile base sports  2 Base defence turrets on top of the base. they dominate battlefield, and kill with return fire anyone i try to use to fire with rpg or recoilless rifle (of which i need to score don't know how many hits).
When I assault ninja bases, i don't engage the turrets directly, but sneak up on them from behind the wall and lob looted emp grenades or satchel charges while remaining out of line of sight. This tactic is not viable here.
Am i missing something here, or should I just skip those missions, suck up their huge de-spawn penalty and pray RNG doesn't give me 2 months in a row of this bullshit, which would give me auto-loose without being able to do anything.

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Ninjas attack Government mission help
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 07:12:49 am »
No idea, I've been avoiding even getting into those, so I take the negative score. I tried one do one of those but the mission itself takes MUCH time to do, and as you said, reaction fire kills everything it moves

I just registered myself minutes ago to check for some tips on this type of missions, and also those ninja base invasions. Probably I'm missing something (minmaxing production/money, research, whatever).

In M2.2, it gets to a point when ninjas are insanely OP and either you can't hide your bases, or defend them properly. In difficulty 2.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 09:56:26 am »
you mention mortar as being available, WP rounds can eventually chew through the turrets. not only 80% armor pen, but also not insignificant armor shred so even a low roll will still make successive shots more likely to succeed. Also no need for LOS which limits return fire with a little luck with map spawning.

Caveat save before lighting them up, a current engine issue means units completely engulfed in fire can glitch out the pathfinding and move even when they shouldn't. Turrets going for a walk about is arguably worse then being stationary in a dominating position.

That said the government assaults can be prevented by killing the base before it fully evolves, which is a slightly easier map situation as you have mentioned. There also not super frequent so you can roll the dice on the next month being better. 

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 11:50:01 am »
you mention mortar as being available, WP rounds can eventually chew through the turrets. not only 80% armor pen, but also not insignificant armor shred so even a low roll will still make successive shots more likely to succeed. Also no need for LOS which limits return fire with a little luck with map spawning.

Caveat save before lighting them up, a current engine issue means units completely engulfed in fire can glitch out the pathfinding and move even when they shouldn't. Turrets going for a walk about is arguably worse then being stationary in a dominating position.

That said the government assaults can be prevented by killing the base before it fully evolves, which is a slightly easier map situation as you have mentioned. There also not super frequent so you can roll the dice on the next month being better.
Thanks for advice. The missions are still insanely tough considering how early they appear; but this gives some glimmer of hope.
Do you know if the Ninjas assault gov base is somehow retaliatory in nature, i.e. are triggered by you destroying ninja base? both cases in my playthrough were soon after i wrecked their base, although it can be a coincidence.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 11:57:43 am »
Throwing distance depends on the str of the gal, if you rob ninja medic you get synthmuscle suit which you can equip for +25 str. By my experience gals with those suits can throw EMP grenade from outside of reaction range. I just start the mission with gals having emp grenade equipped (I have tons of them from HO aswsaults), activate during preparation, and throwing them on the first turn doesn't incur any reaction whatsoever.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 02:34:02 am »
Thanks for advice. The missions are still insanely tough considering how early they appear; but this gives some glimmer of hope.
Do you know if the Ninjas assault gov base is somehow retaliatory in nature, i.e. are triggered by you destroying ninja base? both cases in my playthrough were soon after i wrecked their base, although it can be a coincidence.

There triggered by a base reaching max level, after that like all missions they are added to the pool for the following month. If your "late" in killing the base the attack is still in the pool for at least a month.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 10:51:22 am »
There triggered by a base reaching max level, after that like all missions they are added to the pool for the following month. If your "late" in killing the base the attack is still in the pool for at least a month.
Does base reaching max level trigger the invasion once, or starts triggering it from now on until i destroy the maxed-out base?

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 09:56:29 pm »
It would spawn them regularly. I had 3 missions from a single ninja base

Offline Rhadmaty

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 10:00:42 pm »
Rush the armored interceptor, it can solo ninja landcruisers with a decent heavy weapon.

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2021, 11:19:46 pm »
That sounds easier than what I did (killing one main turret with a sniper rifle from the tower windows to escape counter attacks, while storming the forstress with melee fighters fighting the way to the top and knocking out the other main turret with that force saber I got very early from a star god on a small smugler ship, works as well but you need a lot of ammo for the sniper).