aliens

Author Topic: Cyberweb Lair ?  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Cyberweb Lair ?
« on: October 23, 2021, 09:35:13 pm »
Hello again,

Trying to do my first Cyberweb Lair mission, i cannot find my way.

The briefing said to bring explosive, so i took my best boom tools.
I tried to go on the marked doors (screenshot) but nothing behind, so i tried to use my "High Explosive" i think it’s the name.
I dug 1 tile but that’s it. Same with the 3 doors.

Do i really need "a lot" of explosive, or am i missing something here ?

Thanks

Screenshot : https://i.ibb.co/82P6VCt/211023-202004.jpg
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 09:36:44 pm by Tchey »

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberweb Lair ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 10:23:32 pm »
I never got in such a situation, but I've cleared about ten such lairs and think that you need one correctly placed High Explosive. Move the map and see which direction has the most of unexplored area. Place the explosives right near the door that can't be passed through.

You can play this mission separately from you campaign via Mission Generator. Start the game, press New Battle in main menu, choose the mission Cyberweb Lair. After exploration you might see which 10x10 map blocks the map consist of and might recognize the ones that you see in your campaign.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 11:14:54 pm »
You have to make sure that you're not trying to dynamite your way through terrain - that's not going to work. Use epxlosives only on the doors that lead to a wall tile. Make sure you're placing the High-Ex/Dynamite on the tile that is directly adjecent to the wall you're trying to blow up. You are not trying to blow up the door, you are trying to blow up the wall blocking your path. If you'Re still having trouble, uploading the save in question might be useful.

Offline SkalarHaubitze

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 04:25:19 am »
It's been a while since I have played XCF, but I very rarely used explosives in the Cyberweb Lair missions. The more powerful rifles did enough damage to destroy walls, and if that doesn't work for you there are melee weapons like the pickaxe.

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 07:00:38 am »
if you're blasting through terrain, it does take a lot, but there should be spots where you can just blow through brick, which should only take one.

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 01:12:36 pm »
I’ve done another mission, no issue this time.

One door was open, so i could access the main sewer and see the layout.

Next time if i have a similar walled door, at least i know how it can be layouted.