aliens

Author Topic: Convoy craft vs aircraft  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Convoy craft vs aircraft
« on: October 03, 2021, 08:37:42 am »
Hello
I am in situation where there is this Sky Ninja hideout that I want to storm, but if I try, it sends out inceptors and shoots down my transports.
So I had this idea that I take the toughest craft available to me - the supposedly tanky Convoy (https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_CONVOY), arm it with some guns (https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_SMALL_CANNON_1_UC) so that when interceptors come, it fights them off.
But when I tried, despite coming into shortest range and firing hundreds of shots before being destroyed, my poor convoy not just looses a fight, but seemingly fails to score any hits at all.

What guns do I need to put on it for this scheme to work, or am I doing something radically wrong and land craft (Maximum altitude 1) cannot can't hit enemies at higher altitudes at all? Would seem very bizarre if vehicle with AA gun can't engage with aircraft  :-\...

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Convoy craft vs aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 09:03:57 am »
If your dealing with fighters from outposts(ninja jetbikes) they have extreme dodge bonus of +50, on top of being a very small target. Dodge cancels out your accuracy bonus and then starts eating away at base to hit chance, which in the case of small target is already reduced.

I don't know what your pilot bonus to accuracy is, but the final to hit chance is probably near 0, and may even be zero.

Until you have really good pilots your better off doing bait tactics.

The fighters spawned by enemy bases have a cooldown after the return to base. Launch something besides your misson craft, get the fighters to pop and immediately return to base. Wait for fighters to return home then send out your actual mission craft.

Alternatively hunting parties are immune to intercept.