Author Topic: rss sprites, the legend continues  (Read 3526 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: rss sprites, the legend continues
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2024, 02:58:21 am »
more demonstrations for the explosions, this time the squished doom blast, and the sparky explosion (it looks really good)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2024, 06:21:55 pm »
well, managed to get aseprite 0.9.5. and kinda "importing" the right palette (hopefully) and now it shaould be all right,
Took another stab at getting the Blackmarch SMG to look right. There's actually nothing wrong with the MP-5k I created. So I just stuck the laser sight, suppressor can, and stock onto it. I think the only thing that'd make it look more like an MP-5 is retracting the stock but then that doesn't make it look like it should be a 1x3 item when it is.

I think another thing that makes the whole system look like a honey badger is simply the clip. Little details count and the Blackmarch has always had a straighter thicker magazine, like an 8mm kurz or something like that. Just might be that it isnt 9mm considering it does 30 damage.

edit:
And here's a retracted version.
It looks ready for wet work.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 06:28:06 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2024, 05:12:30 am »
UAC Shotgun
circa 1994

edit:  added more variants mixed with the other version id made before (fat barrel)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 06:30:21 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2024, 10:26:22 am »
Your explosions are awesome, but can't you post them as sheets? Piecing them together is a lot of work, especially positioning each correctly.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2024, 12:21:29 pm »
Blast From The Past

rott explosions were a nice surprise!

Took another stab at getting the Blackmarch SMG to look right. There's actually nothing wrong with the MP-5k I created. So I just stuck the laser sight, suppressor can, and stock onto it. I think the only thing that'd make it look more like an MP-5 is retracting the stock but then that doesn't make it look like it should be a 1x3 item when it is.

I think another thing that makes the whole system look like a honey badger is simply the clip. Little details count and the Blackmarch has always had a straighter thicker magazine, like an 8mm kurz or something like that. Just might be that it isnt 9mm considering it does 30 damage.

edit:
And here's a retracted version.
It looks ready for wet work.

Please mind to work on that shape too? (click) At least any chance to use it for even a new draw. Here it is with a bit of update..

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2024, 12:28:38 pm »
Blackmarch SMG is indeed nothing like MP-5, except the visual style being similar, it's chambered for something more like 10 AUTO rounds.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2024, 12:30:20 pm »
Blackmarch SMG is indeed nothing like MP-5, except the visual style being similar, it's chambered for something more like 10 AUTO rounds.

oh... ok so i suppose i'll have to live without that :'(

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2024, 12:44:05 pm »
MP5/10 exists (or, well, existed), so that is not a sufficient distinction.