Author Topic: Small windows  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Small windows
« on: August 14, 2021, 11:59:34 am »
Is it possible to enlarge the "launch interception" window?
When you have a dozen interceptors, it's very uncomfortable to navigate. You have to scroll down every time. 
I want something like this.
Just to increase the window and make the scroll disappear. Instead of displaying 8 ships became for example 20

Is there a mod or a ready-made solution?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 12:02:23 pm by Bonakva »

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Small windows
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 01:20:42 pm »
It is possible if you are willing to change the source code and compile OXC/OXCE yourself.
You can try to add this commit. I am going to edit it again and then I will try to make it a pull request for OXCE. Maybe it become a feature.

For compilation you can have a look here.

As for an even bigger window, it would be possible but then you lose backwards compatibility with the original resolution (320x200)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 03:33:24 pm »
I am going to edit it again and then I will try to make it a pull request for OXCE. Maybe it become a feature.

Nope, I like the window as it is.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 09:15:54 am »
Shit. That sounds very complicated. At least for me it sounds scary and unworkable.

If you happen to find someone who makes a version of OXCE with large windows, let me know.

It is not farsighted of meridian to reject such an idea.
Subjective. For me openxcom is a product which lets you play an old game on modern computers in 2021 without dancing with tambourine.
For people who want to plunge into nostalgia and remember "those very days" is definitely worth to leave the old settings display. But progress is not standing still, now probably almost everyone has widescreen monitors.
So these small windows in the center of the screen with a huge empty space on the sides look ridiculous. Seriously, the small window for 8 planes and a slider that hides another 10. Although all 18 planes can fit on the screen in a large window without the slider